Where to go out in Antwerp?

Hello there!

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Antwerp to meet people?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks for your input!

I've been spending a lot of time in Antwerp recently, I usually stick to the same few places though being the creature of habit that I am.

Kellys Irish Pub (right by the station) good food, live music on weekends and live sports on big screen. Full of Expats and tourists.. a big mix of clients from young to old.

Coffee ClubSmall cafe/coffee shop just off the Grote Markt, Excellent fresh sandwiches and not too expensive either

Kids Rhythm and blues cafe On the Grote Markt, blues bar with very nice staff and a pool table in the back. Gets very busy late at night and is open nearly all the time.Probably my current favourite.

The Medley I only recommended this in another post, Also on the Grote Markt,excellent cocktails and if you like coffee they have a huge selection. it's fairly new but they should be starting with live music shortly

The RotsOld Skool rock bar, Ice cold beers, dirty floors and loud music. pool and kicker tables in the back. If you like rock or metal you'll love this place.It can be a little intimidating to go into the first time but the customers and staff are nice people and friendly too. I ordered in Dutch the first couple of rounds,when the barman came to collect our glasses and heard us speak English. We were served extra fast from then on as he said he was impressed with someone even making an effort to speak his language.

I must start to get out and see more of the city when I am there..
I'll try to update this post when I do some more exploring!

Quick update on a couple of other places I've found to be decent
Nice little wine bar called Vigneto on Wijngaardenstraat (Apt enough name!)

Beer Centralis a couple of doors down from Kellys Irish bar just by the station has a great selection of Belgian beers (best go here when you don't have work the next morning!! )

And The Rots seems to have underwent a bit of a spring cleaning, in the last post I mentioned it might look intimidating to people going in for the first time, they've cleaned up their terrace and it now looks much more inviting.