Where to go out in Algiers?

Hello there!

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Algiers to meet people?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks for your input! It will be useful for newcomers! :)

Hi
Im new in this forum...im algerian...you don't need to know places ...you need to have a company...

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Algiers to meet people?

1-Riadh el fatehh
2-Gardens
3-Zoo
4-Hamma Garden
5-Romain Ruins
6-Exhibiton
7-Some school languages
8-sometime Bus :)
9-public exposition 
10-here
this is my personal experience :)

i live in algéria i'm algérian and hope help u
but i don't like english do u speak french or spanish
contact me

Welcome to Expat-blog, Mielle26 :)

Instead, you could participate in the  Spanish and French Forum -Foro Argel and  Forum Alger.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi,

For myself i prefere Sidi Yahia, it is a nice place and you can meet cool people.

Hi ladies and gentlemen,
Am new in the forum, Hope all of you are doing well in Algeria
I would suggest Hotel Al jazair, there is a nice Coffee-restaurant open to an amazing botanic garden, it is one of the best quiet places in the crouded capital, with a pleasure am visiting this place every time am going Algiers.

if not to late for you:
restaurant:
-Gnawa (cite sahraoui) very nice food and wine :) 2500 DA +/- 20 euro/persone
-Veranda: nice food during the week and very nice music and food during the weekend taka 50 Euro for a nice evening (depends on what you will drink)
-during the week and after working hours very nice Pub in Algiers 200 DA the beer 250 DA the red-label , food an exelant "mechouwy"=Lam for 900 DA the place is called "Carthage" it's just by the roundabout of "place adissabeba"
-cofe and nice terasse "sidi yahya" hydra a cofe 100 DA= +/- 1 euro
-eat frash fish go to "la madrague" restaurant called "la marine"
-Tipasa 45 Mnt driving from Algiers
-Bouchaoui for your footing
-any help let me know to give you more depends on your topic:)

Go out in Algiers ?? are u nuts ?? there is no decent place in the whole city to go out to !! i recommend u Marrakech or some others fun places in Morroco where people are friendly and educated and hotels are clean, Algiers is one of the dirtiest towns in the world not mentioning the dangers of going out late nite !! if u wanna have good time DON'T go to Algeria.

PS: i'm 100% algerian trust me i know what i'm talkin' about !

@ Ripley: What a negative vision!!!

Some of these places you all have suggested are expensive and tourist traps.

walking on Didouche Mourad, going to the zoo, beach, Roman ruins, Bouchoui park are my picks - cheap or free!

)))))))))))While I agree Morocco is more friendly or touristy Alger is not dirty - compared to all other major cities. The whole of Algeria, as you may know as an Algerian is not touristy thus not flashy enough to attract people. And also as an Algerian you know of the civil war few years back ... people are still not over that.

Algerian people are very friendly with tourist but you should know we never clean shoes in the street like other country .. we have stop that spot like other countries they think tourism is Arab wear tradition cloth and dance while the tourist in the sofa wine in hand and cigarette  in other hand enjoy the drums and dancing party ! it's related to Zulu dynasty but no Algerian do that.. and after terror it's not civil war ! people fed up from blood until now tourist is related to wine/crucifix...and other bad things ..in country filled by Islam ..we don't accept drunk people walk naked in the street and we say "that tourist we want"

Ucif - I beg to differ ... many people not drinking or cigs or doing other bad behaviours eagerly would like to have holidays by the sea or in the Sahara.

I find even places for Algerians or people living in Algeria to visit with their family is hard to find.

Even the park Eassie was destroyed, there are always teenagers making haram in the zoo and even in the beach. Many places are closed ... so where to go? Other then shopping or walking?

I would love if more attractions were opened to families - that were not about shopping. A carnival, or update the zoo, etc.

I have been to Sahara ... very beautiful! I love Ghardaia ... but many cities like Bechar I did not feel welcome (and LOL) I am not a tourist sitting smoking cigs ....

Also I would to add the best cities I have visited so far are:

Tizi ouzo
Begaia
tipaza
Cherchell
Tlcemen
Oran
Tenes
Reghaia Lake
Ghadaira
Djennet

and more I would like to visit ....

heniko wrote:

)))))))))))While I agree Morocco is more friendly or touristy Alger is not dirty - compared to all other major cities. The whole of Algeria, as you may know as an Algerian is not touristy thus not flashy enough to attract people. And also as an Algerian you know of the civil war few years back ... people are still not over that.

I live in Alger and that's not true you can visit no one will talk with you it's a nice place but they don't take a good care of tourism that's all, and yes there is some places that you should not go alone at night like any other Big City ;)

could we please concentrate on the topic ? thanks

Top places for me are (in no particular order):
Outside of Algiers:
1. Tipaza
2. Djamela - beautiful Roman ruins
3. Mansoura
4. Tikjda (especially when there is still some snow but the sun is shining!) :-)
5. Chrea mountain
Algiers:
1. Bouharoun port for the fish market
2. Staoueli for icecream
3. Mahelma park
4. Bouchaoui park
5. St George hotel for coffee
6. Dar Diaf spa
7. Lebanese in Didouche Mourad
8. Casbah (museum is wonderful)
9. Palm Beach (not much there but great for a walk along the beach)
10. Draria for meshoui (restaurants selling BBQ'd kebabs)
11. There are also a number of different restaurants which whilst they may not be exactly reflective of the original food of the country (due to accessing ingredients), they are certainly good to go for when you fancy a change (indian, mexican, '54' in Cheraga for pizza)

HELLO , I AGREE WITH MR RILEY 100/100.IM SOO LUCKY I SPENT MY YOUTH IN UK LONDON .THANKS

SORRY ....MR RIPLEY....NOT RELEY

Hi Alglondres!

Can you please avoir caps lock on the forum!

Thanks and regards
Armand

thank you Armand .