Need advice - Got offer from Suhail Bahawan

Hello Friends,

I have been looking thru the blogs/topics in the forum for many days and found them very informative for newbie like me. I would like to get your suggestions - Actually i got offer from Suhail Bahawan Auto group as Junior Exective with Salary of 275 RO + Accomodation + transport + Medical. After Six month the salary will be 300 RO Per month.

I haven't got my VISA as yet, however i sent them all the required documents. From the forum i got to know that this is a very reputed company in Oman. However I don't know anyone working in the company or living in Oman. Would appreciate if you could help me with my following queries.

(1) Approximately how many days it is going to take to get VISA (i already sent my GAMCA medical report, Scanned copy of Attested qualification certificate and photos last week)

(2) How is this Company in general for , would appreciate if someone working in this company would give insight into lwork life balance, hike, promotion , work environment etc ?

(3) They told me that they will provide me shared Bachelor  accomodation . I am not sure what are all things i need to carry with me like Iron, Utensils etc for cooking . Would it have kitchen and have utensils etc.

(4) In case i opt to eat outside in Mess etc, how much would be approxiately it is going to cost me ?

(5) How much would be the monthly phone bill, provided i need to call India atlest 10 mins per day ?

(6) Is Cellphone Device used in India work in OMAN as well ?

(7) I am having very simple lifestyle. Considering the bare minimum would i be able to save something in this salary ?

I understand these might be too many questions  :| .You can suggest me only for the ones you know :)

Thanks Again !

Hello,
   This is Krishna from Bangalore , Even i got offer from Same company i am waiting for visa clearance i sent all the doc's which you said above on 15th Dec-14,and last week i spoke to HR he told me that visa will get clearance approximately 10-15 days. If you go through this blog seems to it will be delay least a month.

Regards
Krishna.

ohh ok.... could you please help me with the answers of the above questions which i posted ?

rajarora wrote:

Hello Friends,

I have been looking thru the blogs/topics in the forum for many days and found them very informative for newbie like me. I would like to get your suggestions - Actually i got offer from Suhail Bahawan Auto group as Junior Exective with Salary of 275 RO + Accomodation + transport + Medical. After Six month the salary will be 300 RO Per month.

I haven't got my VISA as yet, however i sent them all the required documents. From the forum i got to know that this is a very reputed company in Oman. However I don't know anyone working in the company or living in Oman. Would appreciate if you could help me with my following queries.

(1) Approximately how many days it is going to take to get VISA (i already sent my GAMCA medical report, Scanned copy of Attested qualification certificate and photos last week)

(2) How is this Company in general for , would appreciate if someone working in this company would give insight into lwork life balance, hike, promotion , work environment etc ?

(3) They told me that they will provide me shared Bachelor  accomodation . I am not sure what are all things i need to carry with me like Iron, Utensils etc for cooking . Would it have kitchen and have utensils etc.

(4) In case i opt to eat outside in Mess etc, how much would be approxiately it is going to cost me ?

(5) How much would be the monthly phone bill, provided i need to call India atlest 10 mins per day ?

(6) Is Cellphone Device used in India work in OMAN as well ?

(7) I am having very simple lifestyle. Considering the bare minimum would i be able to save something in this salary ?

I understand these might be too many questions  :| .You can suggest me only for the ones you know :)

Thanks Again !

Hi rajarora,

FInd my comments against your queries below :

(1) Approximately how many days it is going to take to get VISA (i already sent my GAMCA medical report, Scanned copy of Attested qualification certificate and photos last week) - If the company has the required labour clearance from the Ministry of Manpower, then it should come within a maximum of a working week's time.

(2) How is this Company in general for , would appreciate if someone working in this company would give insight into lwork life balance, hike, promotion , work environment etc ? - Well, I don't work in this company, but they are one of my clients. Bahwans - both Saud and Suhail are run by Indians. And predominantly by Indian accountants. So you know the mentality of the organisations. They are both very tight-fisted. Very bureaucratic. And of course, very old-fashioned in their ways of working. Work environment will be stifling. Though I know, it would be unfair of me to comment on their hike and promotions as I do not work there. But I do know it sucks.

(4) In case i opt to eat outside in Mess etc, how much would be approxiately it is going to cost me ? - Maximum R.O. 50/- per month for 3 full meals-a-day.

(5) How much would be the monthly phone bill, provided i need to call India atlest 10 mins per day ? - Once you reach here, get yourself a VoIP / VPN account and you can talk as much as you want to India and elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

(6) Is Cellphone Device used in India work in OMAN as well ? - Yes, it will work just fine.

(7) I am having very simple lifestyle. Considering the bare minimum would i be able to save something in this sal -ary ? - Yes indeed. You can save almost 80% of your monthly income  since most expenses are being taken care of your company. The only expense would be your living and maintenance costs, which would not be much for a bachelor like yourself.

Good luck.

Hi,,

I am sriram from Bangalore. Even i   have got the offer from suhail Bahawan for internal audit position.. with the same benefits ..
so the above reply have answered my queries too..thanks

Hi Rajoa,

I am working as assistant Manager in one of the sister concern group of Suhail Bhawan from last 1 year. based on my own experience i ll try to answer your queries.

1. Getting visa is all depended of company getting labor clearance, it may be a week or in some cases few months.

2. company work culture is moderate, you will get enough time for work life balance however dont expect the MNC culture like India, the procedures and hierarchy are very old school, Hike and promotion are nominal dont expect big.

3. The bachelor accommodation do have kitchen, washing machine, iron etc also basic utensil for cooking for rest of utensil u might get some single time allowance, if you wont you can purchase in reasonable price from local market.

4. Bhawan Group do have Mess where they provide daily food on reasonable price, but mostly cooks are south Indians so does the food. you can also go for any other mess in around 30 to 40 OMR/month. or finally once you will fred up with all outside food you can cook on your own like mostly bachelor does.

5. you can get a VOIP and call india @ 50 paisa/min.

6.Yes any phone will work fine.

7. Being in Muscat you can save around 200 out of 300 easily. rest is on you.

Good Luck