Info request

Hi there,
I was approached for a job in Bermuda hospitality, and would like to know about salaries and housing as i have to give an answer if i am interested soon.
They start with is $USD 90K/year +housing and was wondering, if that is gross what will be the net and if that is viable for Bermuda for a couple, only me working.
As well if the housing is in fact allowance what allowance will be good to negociate in terms of 1-2 bedroom fully furnished rental / month, in nice area, preferably Southampton or Warwick (near the workplace).
At the moment i am in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos, and i am talking tax free salary plus house allowance for a nice 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms on the marina, 5 min walk to the beach and that is $1700/month rent only and all the expat  package i.e. private health insurance for both, gas allowance, etc.
Providenciales is considered maybe the most expensive island in Caribbean but sounds like Bermuda it is even more expensive.

Any info will be much appreciated.

Claudiu

Hi Claudiu,
I've worked in Bermuda for the last 9.5 years. US$90K sounds all right if there is the possibility of overtime as well (and of course if the USD doesn't crash) If your housing is included then that is great as rent is very expensive in Bermuda as well as utilities. We pay $2500/month rent for a two bedroom basement suite in Southampton and our electric bill is usually over $300/month, so if your housing and utilities are included than that is very good. Is the hotel offering you an apartment at "Faraway"? I agree with you that Bermuda is a very high end local. Although income tax is low, the cost of everything is high due to import duties.
It sounds like you have a pretty great deal where you are now. I would come for a visit to Bermuda and check things out.