Need some help in planning my trip to CEBU on June 2015

Hi. I wonder if this is doable.
1st day- Day tour sumilon  island
2nd day - city tour
3rd and 4th day - bantayan island

.is there like a van rental that we can hire to go to these places?

Hello sw8Tjana,

Judging by the distances you are describing I would say no.  Where I live here in Ormoc City, Leyte it takes 2.5 hours to travel 70km to Tacloban, Leyte by air-con van.

The distances you are talking about are from one end of Cebu Island to the other.

There are some people that you can hire as a driver, which usually includes a vehicle of some type, lodging and food for the driver.  I am not sure how you would find someone to make the trip as you propose it, but you should consider at least two weeks to make the trip and enjoy all the sights along the way.  You may be able to check with travel agencies to see if they have any recommendations on someone reputable who will provide that type of services.  Do not pay upfront for the services in full, a small deposit only should only be paid, on arrival and hiring of the driver and van, then pay for your services.  Your travel times here are going to be the biggest consideration of your vacation here.  Roads are not straight and wind in and out of the mountains and coastal areas.  There is so much to see that you will find yourself short of time when traveling here.  Allow enough time to insure you will be available for a connecting trip.

You would have to schedule your arrival to an airport near the south end of Cebu Island, then travel to Sumilon Island area, from the airport.  This is going to be a combination of vehicle, boat/ferry and tricycles.  Travel here is not based on speed, but time.  An example of this is a fast ferry ride from Cebu to Ormoc City is a little over 2.0 hours and due to ferry scheduling we usually have to spend a night, in order to return in the other direction the next day.  This does not include delays for weather, or waiting for the ferry to arrive in order to depart.  There is no wait time here, the fast ferries leave for their return back to where they just came from within 15 minutes of arrival, so you have to be there when the boat comes in. 

I did not see that there were any major airports near Sumilon Island, Dumaguete Airport seems to be the closest airport near the island, so you will have to travel from there to the island.

Sumilon Island to Cebu City will take you six to eight plus hours depending which side of the island you travel up to get to Cebu City and traffic on the roads.  You may select the east side highway because it has more sights to see, or the western highway for the same reason.  Or you could go back to the airport and fly to Cebu City, if long drives are not your thing.  Cebu City is a large city that spans a large area and have tourist sights outside the city limits. 

Cebu City to Bantayan Island again is another timely trip, and the way you go will effect that time.  Or you can get a plane in Cebu City and fly to Santa Fe Airport on Bantayan Island.  Plane flights here are not regularly scheduled and may only make a trip once a week.

Do not be afraid to negotiate the fees for travel on the islands with the tricycle drivers or taxi drivers.  When we travel we treat the drivers good and they take great care of us by traveling the best routes.

We hope this is helpful and you enjoy your visit to the Philippines, it is a wonderful country.

TC, RAC

Just got back from a stay at the resort in Sumilon.  It's a 3-4 hour drive to Cebu each way, depending on the traffic as you near the city.  You drive along the coastline to Oslob where you can rent boats for a 30 minute ride to Sumilon Island.  That by itself will take more than a day, depending on how long you plan to stay at the island.  In Oslob, you should swim with the whale sharks which you can only do till noon so it's the first thing you do when you get there.  Accommodations in Oslob is rustic so consider staying at a resort in Dalaguete or Argao.   

Therefore the answer to your question is no.  Same with Bantayan Island.  The road trip is about the same but the boat ride is probably longer.  The tour of the city can take a day or more but it all depends on where you want to go.

[moderated: careful - avoid free advertising on the forum pls]