PASTA IN BALI

Hi, I m looking for some answers about business in bali,
I 'd like start to produce home made pasta in Bali.
what I need to start? if I ve a friend with a restaurant can I be sponsored by him?
or if I want do by my self in my house what kind of permit I need? do you know somebody to talk about? thanks

ps I introduce myself..... hi I'm Italian chef living in bali

Foreigner can build business in indonesia especially Bali, but people say its hard , too complicated requirement and high cost, So expat usually establish partnership with local...anyone you trust, even someone without restaurant background. in That matter, the permit will be easy.

sitisiti wrote:

Foreigner can build business in indonesia especially Bali, but people say its hard , too complicated requirement and high cost, So expat usually establish partnership with local...anyone you trust, even someone without restaurant background. in That matter, the permit will be easy.

Sorry but I don't agree with what you said. Nothing is easy no matter if someone has restaurant background or not. As a foreigner you will need to have a PMA to be on the save side at least.

Happyhour:   That's what I am trying to say

Aside from the executive chef positions at the very top 5 star resorts…Four Seasons, Aman, etc., finding employment as a cook or chef for foreigners is almost impossible here in Bali as there are plenty of highly trained and qualified locals available for those positions.  Moreover, getting a work permit, (IMTA) for a foreign chef or cook is extremely difficult aside from those top resorts. 

As for restaurants that are not part of those top resorts, the same applies, and I don't know of one foreign chef or cook here in Bali who isn't a partner or owner of the restaurant where they legally work.