Having a baby in Jamaica

Hi

I am after some information about having a baby in jamaica. I currently live in Turks and Caicos with my husband who works there. We recently relocated from London England, I'm having a baby and due to give birth in March. We are thinking about having the baby at one of the private hospitals in Kingston we were recommended Andrews Memorial or Nuttal. Does anyone have specific antenatal and birth experience of this hospital. Information I am looking for is what facilities they offer e.g pain relief, what are the midwives and obstetricians like, what are the pros and cons.

Thanking you in advance

Hi Candy, Andrews Memorial Hospital is one of the best Hospital in Jamaica, when giving birth the baby daddy /Husband can be right there in the room with you, there food is great they have great chef cooks there,  Clean Environment. Its great there trust me.. I never give birth there nor have a child but i visit there when my aunt was having her baby. She even give us a joke about carrying home the chef t. Cook for her.

Thanks Moya for your reply. I still haven't decided yet whether to fly out to Andrews or stay in Turks and Caicos. Would you happen to know what pain relief options they offer you there. I'm 29 weeks now so I only have another 5 or so weeks to make a decision before I won't be allowed to fly. Does anyone else have any experience of this hospital good or bad?