Moving to Zilina, need advice please

Hello! We are an American couple from the Chicago/Michigan area that will be moving to Slovakia and working in Zilina. We are hoping to live in a bigger city like Bratislava or some place near an airport but are worried about commute times. Any advice? Thanks!

Hi

My name is Chris and I moved to Zilina from London 1 and half year ago.
You can get a train to  Bratislava in 2 hours from here very easy. If you dont mind answering what will you do here? Do you speak Slovak.

Good luck

Hello,
Zilina is not so big like Bratislava. You can travel from Bratislava by train or by bus because in Zilina is not airport. If you have any questions you write me.
Have a nice day.
Best Regards Milan

Hello! My husband will be head of a factory there. We were worried that he would have to travel 2 hours every day, each way. Maybe from Vienna? Or is that further?
No - we don't speak Slovak. What do you do there?

Hello,

I am Slovak, but I live in Malta now. I am teaching  software AutoCAD online via the Internet in real time. Zilina is very nice city and here live about 100 000 people. There are many shops, cinemas, hotels, theater and other things what you can see. I think it will be OK. Bye Milan.

Hi,

At the moment I am teaching English whilst trying to find a full time job, which has proven to be almost impossible without good knowledge of the language. Zilina is very nice, people are friendly and transport here is good. I cant really comment on Bratislava as I only go there to use the airport when flying back to the UK. Not speaking the language is not such a big problem when in town shopping etc. it way be worth trying Zilina and if you do not get on there then think of Bratislava, it really depends on if you need to be in the place of work everyday. p.s Vienna is about 3 hours away.

I you need any more info just ask.

Good luck

Chris.

A couple things I'd like to know:

A good place to take language lessons to learn Slovak
A good place to find rentals for places to live.
Thanks!

Hi,

As for property try reality.sk they have an English option, and for Slovak lessons there are about 10 private schools in Zilina, Subway, Gabby.sk, Ijav, Viveus. Lessons are between 10-20 euros per 90mins all of these schools have English speakers.

Good luck

Chris.

Hi,

As for property try reality.sk they have an English option, and for Slovak lessons there are about 10 private schools in Zilina, Subway, Gabby.sk, Ijav, Viveus. Lessons are between 10-20 euros per 90mins all of these schools have English speakers.

Good luck

Chris.