Hello

I need an advice on how to go to malta after getting married to my british fiancé in UK. I am from Philippines. Thanks 😊

As spouse of an EU Citizen you should have no problems.

EU-citizens and their family members have the right to freedom of movement. This right to move freely within the European Union comprises the rights to enter, reside and work - as an employee or self-employed - in any EU member state.

If you are an EU citizen you have a right to reside and work on the Maltese islands but you are required to inform the authorities within 90 days of arrival If seeking to reside beyond this time. (Job seeking exceptions apply when you may have up to 6 months). The method of informing the authorities is to complete their e-residence procedure and apply for the issue of an e-residence card. NB. This is NOT an ID card 'per se' but can also serve as such.
NB. One must at all times and whilst resident on Malta ensure that one's passport is valid.

Under what category are you going to apply?

See this page for latest information:

http://homeaffairs.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Infor … dence.aspx

There are several categories, each requiring a different application form.
They are explained and available from the site linked above.

EU nationals

Economic Self Sufficiency- CEA Form J
     Study- CEA Form M
     Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A
     Family Members - CEA Form F
     Permanent Residence- CEA Form P

See: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Hi Redmilk, thank you so much!
Cheers! 😊

You will not need a visa as spouse of EU citizen as long as you can prove that and travelling from the UK with him.

I have found out that there is more to this than first appears so I cannot help further.
It helps if when asking a question all the relevant facts are made clear from the beginning.
Alexsamdra has yet to travel to UK and has yet to be married.
She actually wants info on how to get to the UK.

But if you have no job you can't get ID card? Am I right red? Just been  looking at the form.... So the process is get a job... Then fill in form for Eid at Valletta .... I am a beginner on this not long been living in malta.. But from what I make of it this is how it goes here.... No job... No Residency..

Incorrect and it is NOT an ID card!!
ID cards are for Maltese Nationals only.
For you it is an eResidence card.
Read this article, carefully.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Then follow the process.

Hi, didn't intend to come over as sharply as that.
:(

I will concede that in common parlance, the terms ID card and eResidence card are frequently used to describe either card. (In my view incorrectly as this does leads to confusion.)

But, the basic fundamental difference between a Malta ID card and an eResidence card is that ID cards hold biometric data of the individual and an eResidence card does not. The Malta ID card may be used as a travel document between countries in the Schengen Area which is the area comprising 26 European countries that have abolished passport and any other type of border control at their common borders, also referred to as internal borders. It mostly functions as a single country for international travel purposes, with a common visa policy. (UK is not in this area.)
The eResidence card may not be used in this way and is for ExPats, for use on Malta only.

I get it.
I know now what to do. Thank you for your help. Appreciate it a lot.  :)