Let's help each other

I read a lot on this site about the problems with integration in polish society.

Firstly, I'm sorry, the guests in this country do not feel fine.

Secondly, I know the pain because, being Polish I lived, studied and worked on professional position in Germany (10 years) and England (15 years).

Thirdly, my husband (an Englishman) fell in love with Krakow and so we moved here 6 months ago. He doesn't major difficulties but obviously it is not easy for him, so I know the issues from my own experience in Poland as well. For me, this meant a return to the country after 25 years.

For these reasons I would like to help anyone, who needs assistance in matters regarding integration. Unfortunately, I can't with legal matters because after so many years of absence I also am struggling with such problems.

But I know what it's like to be a foreigner and I know the Poles, so if you have any problems, let me know I may be able to explain, understand and help.

Marzenna

Hello Marzenna,

Thank you for offering your help generously here !
It is very much appreciated. :)

Have a nice day

Priscilla

Thanks a lot for offering your help!!!
I'm travelling to Krakow this saturday for a few weeks but I plan to relocate definitively on April/May, so probably I'll be asking some questions to you on the future!!!

Regards,
Cristian

Please do if/when you need advice.
My husband and I relocated to Krakow from England last May therefore have some experience of "newbies"  in this city.
Greetings,
Marzenna

Hi All,
I need to visit a dental clinic/hospital. I want to know -
1. Should I visit a government hospital like University Dental Clinic (Uniwersyteckiej Kliniki Stomatologicznej) or Should I go to a private Dental clinic ?
2. As per my exp in India, govt run hospital should be cheaper as compared to private clinics.
3. I have a private health cover (dental not included) but I should also have a public health cover (mandatory in Poland) correct ??
4. So if I assume that I have public health cover also, will it be cheaper to get dental treatment in University Dental Clinic ?
Thanks.

Hi, if you are working in Poland legally so you might have also covered public health cover - but depnding of your agreement / status - best would be to check directly with your HR in Poland who employed you, if they will confirm you are coevered by ZUS  - you can be treated. You may find very good public hospitals and doctors, generally Polish public helth sector is of ther high level. Good luck ! Wojciech Zacharski

There is a website in various languages, that may be of great help for you.

http://www.migrant.info.pl/Health_insur … _care.html

Good luck with the dentist...brrrrr