South African planning to relocate

Hi I'm a single mum of a four year old I'm 27yrs located in cape town looking  to relocate to Ireland in February 2015,need to find a family accomodation that's affordable in Dublin.I'm currently working for Lufthansa German airlines as a ticketing agent

Hi zandilencube,

May be a longer introduction? ;)

I invite your to read the Accommodation in Dublin Guide, where you might find more information about housing in Dublin.

In order to help you in your search, I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Dublin section.

Should you need further information, do not hesitate to create new topic on the Dublin forum, with your questions.

Regards,

David.

Welcome to Ireland, don't forget your heavy jacket lol....I live outside Dublin so I can't help much...goodluck....

Hi thanks, I'm trying to raise money, I'm looking for change in 2015,Im holding south African citizenship and would like to know were I can get accomodation in Dublin

Dublin is one of the most expensive place in Ireland!
You can always live somewhere down the coast and take the train in.

Hi,

The best website to look for accommodation (or should I say the only one!) in Ireland is daft.ie
I must warn you that at the moment there's a shortage of accommodation in Dublin and prices are very inflated.
Public transport isn't great either and traffic can be a nightmare in some areas so avoid moving to the southside if your job is in the northside and vice versa. If you are going to work in the airport, I suggest you stay in the "north side".
Dublin is "cut" in half by the river Liffey and it's divided in areas (post code) like D1, D2, D15, D8, etc. with the even numbers (D2, D4, D6, and so on) being on the south side and odd numbers (D1, D3, D5, etc) being on the north side.
All areas without numbers are in the suburbs and called "counties". The airport would be in North County Dublin in an area called Fingal.  There's no train, metro or trams to the airport so you want to live close to a good bus corridor and/or buy a car.
Nice, safe areas to live in the North side are  Clontarf, Fairview (both D3 and very central), Drumcomdra (D9) is also ok but not my favourite because of the stadium and traffic, Malahide and Howth are lovely, by the sea upmarket areas on the train line (North county Dublin Fingal area I think).
Be prepared to fork roughly €1200 or more per month for an apartment or a tiny house with 2 bedrooms plus one month deposit.
Hope this helps! (I love Cape Town btw! Why would you want to move to grey, cold Dublin???)
Good luck!