Meet new people

Hi everyone!

Just to share information for new expats in Sri Lanka!

I know by experience that it is not always easy to settle down in a new country! One advice: Join the FB page "Interns in Colombo". Great way to meet a lot of people just like you from all around the world! The group is run by Colombo City Hostel, awesome place where to stay in Colombo for small budgets. The CCH also organizes lots of events (BBQ, Pub Crawl, Movie and Quiz Nights, Trips, etc.) and makes sure that you have a lot of fun! All events are posted on the FB page, so you can be aware of and join.

Hoping it will be useful to you!

See you soon!

Hi Fanny HEL,

thank you for the information.

However, even on Expat.com, new expats from all over the world can make new friends. I would say this is the best place for meeting other expats because just like the name suggests, it is a blog made specially for expatriates of the world, where they can find really useful information contributed by experts in specific countries and also by expatriates themselves, who share their experience.

We also invite all new expats to read the different forums, such as for example the Sri lanka forum where they can find numerous useful discussions from other members who have at some point or the other gone through a similar situation to what the new members are going through. And of course, if they have more questions, to post a message on the forum.

We also help all the expats found in a country to organise meet-ups so that they can meet in person and make new friends out of the blog. You just have to post a message for a meet-up on the forum and our team will take care of the rest :)

The options here are endless.

Being an expat yourself, how about you share your rich experience and anything interesting on your life in another country with us? This will be most interesting and I believe a lot of other members will benefit from your posts ;)

Thank you and I hope to read your posts soon :)

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hello! I would like to join in Fb interns in Colombo.. But is closed.. :(

:) hi..you can join to  Fb and be a friend of mine..and i will also help you in finding anything in srilanka,,,,,my prof at Fb is  dammi ratnayake

Hello Rosa,
Just send a request and they will accept it so you can join the fb page! :)
See you soon I hope!

Hi Fanny,
I sent a request to the FB page. I'm not sure if it is for us, as we are older and it appears to be geared to young people. But I thought, 'why not?'. :)
Also, this site (expatblog) is one of the best I have come across for making new friends abroad and I highly recommend using this site for making friends as well as obtaining useful info on all types of subjects!.

Hi everyone,
Would anyone be interested in going to grab a bite on the weekend?
I have a few restaurants in mind but open for suggestions or exploring more places in Colombo.
It would be nice to meet in a group of at least three.Since we don't know each other yet, I'm sure you understand.

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I just discovered this website, I am french student currently doing an internship of 4 months in Sri Lanka. I'm already here since end of March, I am located in Pundaluoya (Nuwara Eliya district), so almost the middle of nowhere ^^!

Until now I was most of the time travelling alone but it would be nice to share it with someone ;)
So I'm trying to meet interns/expats like me who enjoy travelling out of Colombo, especially during the weekends!

Let me know,
Mélanie

Hi Melanie

I read your post and is interested in.I have a lot of contacts everywhere even in Colombo as well.I am a very friendly person.If you are ok,just leave me a message here how to contact you.

Best regards

Thanks

Milan

@ Milan Ruvinsa
It seems you misunderstood Melanie18's post. She likes to meet not locals but - Intern/Expats friends like her  :)

Regards
Mal

Ok.Thank you.I read it quicly not paying so much attention.I would have missed it.Thanks for your notice anyway.