New member seeking information for canada migration

Hello,

My name is kunal. I'm 24 and currently studying Bsc(hons) Mathematics in Mauritius. I plan to study further Masters and phd later on in Canada and hopefully work and live on permanent basis if possible. I still have 1 year left to complete my degree so am here for informations whether its a wise decision to go there.
Regards

Hello Kunall,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to have a look at the Canada expat guide, you may find some interesting and important information.

Good luck

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Kunal,

B. in Maths is a good foundation for informatics/ stats/ computer science. I suggest you explore a masters that is beyond your Math boundary but using that as a fundamental and background for your future advance degree. Especially in the area of informatics that combines multiple disciplines.

I know that when you go for masters, you can seek for funding / stipend to supplement your cost of living. And if you did well in your Degree, you may even ask for tuition exemption. But it all depends on your professor. Make sure you select a good one though.

Sideline to that, besides getting your coursework done and also your thesis, do explore other extra curricular e.g. inter-university contest like programming contest or debate, business idea competition etc. Your exposure in this frond builds your future as a foundation for finding a job in Canada once you complete. Make sure you make connections and network with people in the industry along the way.

I speak from experience having won 2 contest along the way and that paved the way for me in finding for a job as I got good recommendation from the contest sponsors.

Cheers,
Philip

Hi Priscilla,

Thanks for your help. I just download the Expat guide. Will have a look in a while :)) and maybe get back to you if i dont understand few stuff.

Regards
Kunal

Hi Philip,
Thanks for your valuable information. I had few questions.
After completion of my degree ( got my final year starting soon) i had stats in my mind but infomatics is also very interesting as those are thing i actually like:) whats the advantage of studying infomatics with multiple disciplines? :) they like employers who have different areas more thn those with pure subject?

Between Otario would be my pick if i succeed to move on. I forgot to mention.

Regards
Ritesh

Hi Kunall,

see the link below regarding to pursue further in Canada under the student visa.
"http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp"

Hope this will give you some ideas how the immigration works.

Good luck