Dancer seeking Dancing...

Hi all! I am currently living in Ecuador as a Peace Corps volunteer. I'm looking for a dance studio or maybe even a yoga studio. Preferably in or near the Bolivar province. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If a google search doesn't produce good results, Stukes, you might consider showing up and asking around in the central business area of Guaranda (pop. 55K), the highlands market town and cheese-making capital of Ecuador that is also the provincial capital in Bolivar.

There will be plenty of dancing during the annual Festival Guaranda, which takes place each year in February.

Also, we recall that another Peace Corps volunteer did a recent write-up of Guarandans' cheese-making prowess.  Perhaps there is a way you can contact the Peace Corps presence in that city if it still exists, for assistance in your quest.

Bailamos!

cccmedia in Quito

Hi ,I wish you have more luck than I have had finding a nice place to social dance with latin , swing ,country etc , in Salinas . Oh I have acomadations for 3 or 4 0n the festival days of 29-30 -jan 1

Hi Stukes,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You might want to have a look at the Dance classes in Ecuador page in the Classifieds section and post an ad there as well.

Hi tomone,

You should post an ad in the Housing in Ecuador for your accommodation offer.

Thank you,
Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thanks so much for your help! Unfortunately the volunteer in Guaranda has moved back home. The dance community is really wonderful in Guaranda, but I was hoping for a place for classical training. Thanks again for your advice though! :-) Paz y Amor.