Iqama at the Bahrain bridge border

I was told I need to have my original iqama at the Bahrain border and I was told it was illegal for me to leave the country with my iqama. Which is correct?

Not very sure on first one though, many a times people said they have been asked for Iqama at Bahrain check point.
Regarding the second its wrong, you can keep your iqama with you while leaving country but in case you are not returning back or do not want to come back then you have to return the original iqama to your sponsor for them to clear your name from their sponsorship before iqama expiry or this will block their online services from MOL and the other employees may be affected, that is the reason companies take back the iqama to be on a safer side.

mask240 wrote:

Not very sure on first one though, many a times people said they have been asked for Iqama at Bahrain check point.
Regarding the second its wrong, you can keep your iqama with you while leaving country but in case you are not returning back or do not want to come back then you have to return the original iqama to your sponsor for them to clear your name from their sponsorship before iqama expiry or this will block their online services from MOL and the other employees may be affected, that is the reason companies take back the iqama to be on a safer side.

No need of Iqama , your passport is enough , in case the Immigration officer in Bahrain asks for Iqama , show him the page in your passport which has the "Iqama number written on "

He'd just enter the Iqama # and verify it on his system :D

No worries mate  :cool:

They wont let you in without the original IQAMA. You need to have your original IQAMA if you are trevelling to Bahrain, QATAR or dubai from KSA.

For Bahrain you don't need to show your original Iqama! A copy of your Iqama is enough, I am living in Khobar since more than 2 years and I go every weekend to Bahrain! For Dubai and Qatar yes is true, u have to show your original Iqama!

Bahrain, I was not even asked. What if I am entering from Oman?

Yes , while entering from Oman at the Airport the Immigration office might ask you !

But it's rarely , as the Iqama number is written on the passport !

As per Saudi labour rules you can't hold Iqama and Passport with you. If you have to leave Kingdom either through Bahrain Causeway or other exit you should have your passport with you. Without your passport they can't make endorsement in your passport for visit visa. Before that you should have exit/re-entry to leave the Kingdom.

I see in this forum that there are people give some unbiased / wrong answers to public query. If you are not sure about the process and procedures please DO NOT misguide the party.

This is all wrong notice and wrong answers. If you have to leave Saudi you have to deposit your Iqama and collect passport with single entry or multiple re-entry. If you are going to UAE or Qatar they are not worried about your Iqama and you should have your passport in possession.

sashidharan wrote:

This is all wrong notice and wrong answers. If you have to leave Saudi you have to deposit your Iqama and collect passport with single entry or multiple re-entry. If you are going to UAE or Qatar they are not worried about your Iqama and you should have your passport in possession.

hi Sashidharan,
There is no as such rule per MOL to keep either your PP or Iqama wth your employer.
you will be shocked to see that there is no rule as such to deposit your passport with your employer. it is just companies made an practice.

I would request HRGuru to throw some light here as he has the very accurate knowledge on Visa and labor rules :)

If there is no such rule i agree. Then where is your passport. Are you holding or your sponsor / company holding the same. Do you hold Passport and Iqama together.

sashidharan wrote:

Get your homework done before you claim that the answers being given are wrong. If you are travelling from Saudi to UAE or QATAR, they would not allow you to enter unless you show them the original IQAMA. Infact you will not be allowed to fly from KSA itself if you do not have the original IQAMA with you! In which world you are living? For Bahrain, they will ask for the original IQAMA for first time travelers to Bahrain from KSA. Usually they won't ask if you've visited Bahrain before but it is a safe bet the keep the IQAMA with you.

Have a look at these reference:
http://life-in-saudiarabia.blogspot.com … rport.html

And this is from the Bahrain MOL website which clearly states.. 'A person of any nationality who has a Resident Permit for a GCC country in their passport is eligible for a GCC eVisa. This permit will be checked at the border in Bahrain and on the date of arrival the Resident Permit must be at least 6 months old, and should be valid for at least another 6 months.'
http://www.evisa.gov.bh/VisaBhr10En.html

Have you traveled to Bahrain at any time. I had traveled more than 10 to 12 times. In the cause way they ask only passport with Exit/re-entry and NOT IQAMA

sashidharan wrote:

Have you traveled to Bahrain at any time. I had traveled more than 10 to 12 times. In the cause way they ask only passport with Exit/re-entry and NOT IQAMA

Yes that is because you are a frequent traveler to Bahrain. For the first time travelers it is a must! I travel to Bahrain with my staff almost every month and many of my staff members who were going to Bahrain for first time were refused the entry because of not having the original IQAMA.

No were in the cause way they ask for Iqama and they want only passport with Exit/re-entry stamping of new printout paper. I travel with your staff. Are you from Saudi Arabian sponsorship and you are staff also from Saudi Arabian sponsorship of from BAHRAIN SPONSORSHIP and they come to attend the work in Saudi Arabia. If they are all from Saudi Arabian sponsorship and going to Bahrain no one will ask for Iqama. If they are from Bahrain and coming for work in saudi Arabia, then they will ask for Saudi Arabian work permit.

Yes that is because you are a frequent traveler to Bahrain. For the first time travelers it is a must! I travel to Bahrain with my staff almost every month and many of my staff members who were going to Bahrain for first time were refused the entry because of not having the original IQAMA.

Arbab says they ask for the first time and you are  saying they wil not ask, he is sharing his experience and you are totally denying to accept his experience?
I said There is no such rule for holding the passport but they do "practice" here in KSA..

my colleague visited Bahrain once they asked him for the original Iqama....(Sponsor is a local KSA company)
as far as I think this random check on Iqama is for ppl who got change of profession on their Iqama....

I ,

Am a frequent traveler to Bahrain !
Bahrain Immigration recently started asking "Iqama" , not original , even a copy is enough !

It's just to check the expiry date and profession !

Your Saudi Iqama should have atleast 1-3 months to expire !