Family reunion - Dependent Visa for spouse

Jus Herbs wrote:

We'll have a solution for legal partnership before we leave Spain, so we're not so concerned about proving the relationship.

So regardless of our relationship status I'll need a visa first? Or if we have a legal relationship then I can just go with him and get the residence permit when we're there?

Based on my knowledge:

If you have a legal relationship and a Spanish residence permit as his spouse, then I assume you can move here, and apply for a residence permit along with him when he registers here in local townhall/commune.

If you have a legal partnership, but still on your student visa, then you may need a D type visa for long-stay in Belgium and registering as his spouse/dependent.

Again, this is based on my knowledge. For an official answer, you may write to the Belgian consulate in Spain.

Awesome and thanks!

aneeshks wrote:
abhi.sakhuja wrote:

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you so much for your help and support.

Today, me and my wife's visa got approved. I got a visa for an year and my wife for 6 months. It took only 4 days to get the visa approved.

Thanks and congrats (for visa) to Pari for answering the questions.

Regards,
Sakhuja

Good news. Validity of the visa is not relevant at all. D type visa's main goal is initial entry for a long-stay. Once you are here and register in the commune/townhall, you get a residence permit and the visa is not relevant anymore.

Awesome and thanks Aneesh!

Hello Everyone,

I have created a blog based on my experience on "How to apply for Belgium Long Term Visa (Type D) from India".

https://sakhuja-expat.blogspot.com/

Special thanks to Aneesh for being active and answering our questions.

Regards,
Sakhuja

Good !

Do you consider writing this in https://www.expat.com as a blog post ?. Will be very helpful to a lot of people who visit this website.

https://www.expat.com/en/directory/europe/belgium/ (You can add your blog here).

I already did and it is currently being reviewed.

Awesome ! great job (very well organized and step by step guide based on experience) and thanks for taking the time to bring all pieces of information to one place. Very helpful !!!!!

Thank you Aneesh! The day my application was submitted, I decided to write this post to help everyone who is in need and no one must suffer as I did and your answers were really helpful.

Regards,
Sakhuja

Dear Aneesh,
I have submitted my dependent visa in Jun 1st and I got my wife visa stamped by Jul 20th without any major delay. In terms of house rental contract, I have submitted the contract on my name along my friend name (as we share the accommodation). Luckily it has been processed without any problem.

Thank you for all your support.

That is great news. Congrats !

Hurraaaah!!!

Finally Dependant visa is approved from belgium ministry.

I applied the visa on 18th July 2018 and i did  not see any update at dofi site till 6th Sep 2018,

On 6th sep 2018 , the visa status appeared as in treatment at DOFI website.

Now finally on 17th Sep 2018 VISA status is updated as ACCORD in DOFI which means its approved/ Agreed.

Thanks a lot everyone who helped me with all my questions(Especially Aneesh KS).

I have one last question to ask i e how many days it will take for stamping the visa on my wife's passport as we need plan something before travel.

Thanks a lot :)

abhi.sakhuja wrote:

Thank you Aneesh! The day my application was submitted, I decided to write this post to help everyone who is in need and no one must suffer as I did and your answers were really helpful.

Regards,
Sakhuja

Brilliant post. Seriously extremely helpful. The website mentions visa handling fee of 180 euros. Have you missed that in your blog? Can you please add a few more things?

1. Date of work permit submission by employer?
2. Date of approval of work permit by ministry?
3. Date of applying for visa?
4. Date of successful application?

Mutturaj Patil wrote:

Hurraaaah!!!

Finally Dependant visa is approved from belgium ministry.

I applied the visa on 18th July 2018 and i did  not see any update at dofi site till 6th Sep 2018,

On 6th sep 2018 , the visa status appeared as in treatment at DOFI website.

Now finally on 17th Sep 2018 VISA status is updated as ACCORD in DOFI which means its approved/ Agreed.

Thanks a lot everyone who helped me with all my questions(Especially Aneesh KS).

I have one last question to ask i e how many days it will take for stamping the visa on my wife's passport as we need plan something before travel.

Thanks a lot :)

Congrats ! Stamping takes max 1 work week

Hi,

I found your post. Could you please tell me that your wife visa was sent to immigration office for decision or only from embassy she got the visa stamping.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratiti Roy Chowdhury

If you are referring to Mutturaj Patil's post, yes his file was sent to DOFI in Belgium for decision making.

Hi All,

My Belgium  dependent visa has been applied on 17.09.2018 and now the application status is showing 'en traitement'  in Belgium immigration  site. I have a query regarding the passport. Currently my passport is in Belgium embassy. If before the end of the entire procedure I get an onsite opportunity from my company and need my passport back for other countries then Belgium dependent visa process will be stopped or it will process... Please let me know what will happen in this case.

Hello Everyone,
I'm applying for a family reunification visa
Do I have to pay both the €200 and visa fee ??
Thank you

Yes

Hi all,
  I wish to share my personal experience with family reunification visa process recently I went through. Also I take this opportunity to thank many people in this forum for their valuable inputs and sharing their  encounters. I followed this thread quite awhile before I prepared to submit long stay visa applications for my family members..thanks a lot all of you..especially Aneeshks!
To cut short the story, we applied family reunification visa for my wife with two children (4yrs and 1.5yrs old) last week on Thursday, 07.02.2019 through vfs global. Next day my wife received an email communication from Embassy with a note that her visa application is incomplete and need to furnish spouse's additional details. I immediately responded by providing her with the necessary document. She submitted it to VFS on Monday, 11.02.2019. We received an update from VFS on 13.02.2019 that our documents being couriered back to my address. Received 6 months valid visas for my family members...our excitement is beyond words.
Why I want to bring the news here is, before we applied visa for my family...i tried to find out what is the earlier time a D visa can be approved or everyone has to go through those long waiting periods?! Whether the long term visas will be anytime processed at Embassy or all have to go through aliens office...lot of confusion actually.  Finally I got to find it out on my own!..D visa processing time could be as less as a week if the decision is taken at Embassy!

I wish all success to the applicants awaiting for their visa decision.

Hi, thanks for sharing the information. May I ask whether your partner is allowed to work (without a work permit) in Belgium? I know before 2019 the dependent spouse needs to find a employer to apply work permit B, but I just find that the laws have changed! Could you let me know your situation? Many thanks!

Hi Annesh, do you know about the new laws related to work permit? My husband is working in Belgium and I plan to apply for a family reunion visa. I was quite worried about the difficulty to get a work permit B by myself after I arriving Belgium, but I find from the following website that 'Familieleden van derdelanders' can be exempted from work permit starting from Jan 2019, do you know if this means that I am allowed to  work just with my residence permit.  Thanks in advance!

Link:
http://www.agii.be/thema/werk/de-gecomb … jfsstatuut

Hi! Do both the work visa partner and dependent partner have to write separate cover letters? Does my husband need to mention what he plans to do with his career while he accompanies me?

Yes, seperate cover letters. In your dependents' cover letter, the main purpose of travel should be accompanying working spouse, there is no harm in mentioning career plans too.

Hello! Both my husband and I received our visas in three working days from filing the application. And this group and especially Aneesh have a big part to play here! I hold an independent professional card, so had to do all the paperwork on my own and this group was indeed a savior! Thanks a lot guys! Here is the list of documents I had provided for the application! Some might be unnecessary but additional paperwork doesn't hurt :)

My docs - 2 sets copies + original
Coverletter
Application form with 4 recent color photograph (5x3cm)
Passport in Original ( Valid for more than 12 months )
Copy of proof of payment of the contribution.
Police Clearance Certificate
Copy of Professional Card confirmation mail (Supported with email conversation with consulate for accepting the same)
Work contract
Copy of Medical Certificate
Copy of the Marriage Certificate
Copy of Birth Certificate
Temporary Accommodation booking
Copy of the travel insurance document covering 4 months (one extra month to be sure)
Copy of the identity page of the passport
Copy of Previous Schengen Visa

Husband's docs - 2 sets copies + original
Coverletter
Visa Application Form with 4 recent color photograph (5 x 3 cm)
Copy of proof of payment of the contribution fee
Passport in Original ( Valid for more than 12 months )
Police Clearance Certificate - Indian
Copy of the identity page of the passport
Medical Certificate
Copy of the Birth Certificate
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Temporary Accomodation booking
Travel Insurance 4 months
Financial undertaking letter (from me)
Spouse Work contract and professional card confirmation
Copy of Passport
Copy of Previous Schengen Visa

Cheers! :)

rasyakumar wrote:

Hello! Both my husband and I received our visas in three working days from filing the application. And this group and especially Aneesh have a big part to play here! I hold an independent professional card, so had to do all the paperwork on my own and this group was indeed a savior! Thanks a lot guys! Here is the list of documents I had provided for the application! Some might be unnecessary but additional paperwork doesn't hurt :)

My docs - 2 sets copies + original

Husband's docs - 2 sets copies + original

Cheers! :)

Congratulations, You demonstrate again what is constantly repeated by the animators / experts of the site is correct. When a file is well prepared, it goes alone and quickly.

Congrats !!!

"Some might be unnecessary but additional paperwork doesn't hurt"  That is the key. A well prepared file is very very important.

Glad this forum was of help to you. And trust me, only a very small minority of people take time to acknowledge this and make a write up of their experiences that can benefit others. Thanks for that !

Hello Aneesh,

What is the difference between family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2 and family reunion article 10. How long will take to get the long stay VISA for family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2 ? we applied Type D art.10 bis visa on 22 May 2019, when i check the email support from dofi i received "This file is still in treatment. There is no decision taken until now."

art 10 is for permanent resident.
art 10bis for temporary.

So it only depends on which ID card you have.

You applied only in May :) It takes upto 6 months in average from the stories we heard so far.

Thanks for the update Aneesh.
is there any way to fasten the process?

Thanks Alex for the clarification.

Pothi wrote:

Thanks for the update Aneesh.
is there any way to fasten the process?

I am sure you meant speed-up (fasten has a completely different meaning :) ). No, there is no way than to wait,

Hi Aneesh, All,

What is current processing time for dependent visa? I submitted the documents in February and still waiting. Any one who got the visa approved who submitted in 2019?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I guess it takes around 6 months nowadays. I submitted in January and still waiting

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your reply.
Hope you get it soon.

Please post here, when you receive the visa.

Thanks

Sure, I will

Kafle1 wrote:

Hello, all. Hello Aneesh.                                   My wife applied family Renuion  visa  from VFS New delhi on 7-jan-2019. and it is still in treatment. and my question is by mistakenly  she gave on VFS only 3 months of salary sheets, but on the dofi website it has written at least 6 months of sufficient income means.. I am worry about that may be it will refuse without asking any additional documents..I have even many more salary sheets with me..but I have no idea how to send them ?please can anybody help me..

Hello,

You are the perfect demonstration of what is constantly being repeated on this site.

Before starting the visa process, you must IMPERATIVELY read the information that is given officially by the embassy / consulate of the country you want to visit.

When your file among hundreds of others is sent to the "Office des étrangers" (DOFI) in Belgium for approval, it goes through a series of filters. And every time you miss a step, it goes back to the beginning of the process.

In your opinion, why are there some files that are processed within a month and others that take up to six months ...

There is no way to rectify the situation along the way. You will have to wait for an official response which if you are lucky will ask you to provide additional documents. Or will you say that your visa application is rejected ...

Hello Kafle,

Do not worry. I know couple of people who have submitted only 3 months salary slips and got the visa approved. (Of course file is treated at Belgium consulate).

I have also seen, people getting the question, if there is any doubt in their documents. I believe, they don't directly reject in a case like yours.

Good Luck and hope you get your visa soon. Please post here when you have some news on your visa.

phipiemar wrote:
Kafle1 wrote:

Hello, all. Hello Aneesh.                                   My wife applied family Renuion  visa  from VFS New delhi on 7-jan-2019. and it is still in treatment. and my question is by mistakenly  she gave on VFS only 3 months of salary sheets, but on the dofi website it has written at least 6 months of sufficient income means.. I am worry about that may be it will refuse without asking any additional documents..I have even many more salary sheets with me..but I have no idea how to send them ?please can anybody help me..

Hello,

You are the perfect demonstration of what is constantly being repeated on this site.

Before starting the visa process, you must IMPERATIVELY read the information that is given officially by the embassy / consulate of the country you want to visit.

When your file among hundreds of others is sent to the "Office des étrangers" (DOFI) in Belgium for approval, it goes through a series of filters. And every time you miss a step, it goes back to the beginning of the process.

In your opinion, why are there some files that are processed within a month and others that take up to six months ...

There is no way to rectify the situation along the way. You will have to wait for an official response which if you are lucky will ask you to provide additional documents. Or will you say that your visa application is rejected ...

Hello Phipiemar,

I understand what you are saying. Do you/anyone in this forum know someone who had submitted application for Family re union visa later to January and got it approved?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hello Arunbelgium,

Only 71 topics concerning that subject... So search

https://www.expat.com/en/search/europe/belgium/