Dog Sitter or Kennel in Siem Reap?

Hi everyone!  We have to go away for 2 and a half weeks starting next Thursday and unfortunately our friends who offered to look after our dog are also having another house guest who is terrified of dogs.  We now have to find an alternative for our mini dachshund (small wiener dog).

We have checked out K9 Cambodia, but they want WAY too much for their services.  If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them!  Thank you :)

K9 in sihanoukville,they pick the dog up everywhere i was told

Yeah they just charge WAY too much for the service.  I've spoken to them already.  Thanks for the advice though :)

Keeping someones dog for 2 weeks us a big redponsbilitie as khmer do eat dog

Don't worry, I am not stupid enough to leave my dog with someone who can't look after her, and I'm also not asking someone to take on the burden of watching my dog if they aren't interested. 

People own dogs.  People also go on vacation.  I'm just wondering how people in Siem Reap do these things. As much as K9 Cambodia looks like a wonderful kennel and I would be very happy to send my dog to them, I can't afford their transportation cost. I also do not have the time to take her down to Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville myself as I leave on Thursday and work during the week, otherwise I wouldn't hesitate to do that either.

Thank you to anyone else who may have some alternative ideas.

If i go and see my friends in thailand ,my gf stsys here and takes care of my dog.or i take him with me when i travel in the country,buy an extra seat for him in the bus

Ok, well than you anyway.  I would leave her with my boyfriend but he's coming with me.  I'll figure something out.  Thanks so much.

Hi! Good luck finding a good dog sitter! I'll be moving to Siem Reap in about a month and will be bringing my beautiful Australian Cattle Dog with me. I can't help you THIS time but I love dogs and will happily take great care of your little buddy the NEXT time you have to travel without your dog! Maybe we could trade dog sitting! Your dog will be in excellent, safe care and given much love.

That sounds great!  Good luck on your move!

You should stop by my boyfriend's shop over-looking the new  Hard Rock Cafe--especially if you like authentic American hot dogs and root beer floats! Say HI to Brian at Hollywood Hotdogs!

:dumbom: Over my dead body! I plan on single-handedly wiping THAT barbaric custom from the planet! It can be done. Asians are evolving...quickly

Hi!  I will be moving down in july and would love to meet other dog owners so that maybe we can help each other out during vacation times.

My name is Elaine.  I saw Cindy's posting.  I think this would be a great start!

Elaine

do we have to worry about our dog being stolen?

It is known to happen.  We don't worry about it so much because ours is an indoor dog...she's too disobedient to be left out on her own or off a leash.

Yes it happens,dont forget they eat dog here,have no money ,so what they can get they eat.mine us on the chain or leash,its also a stuborn khmerdog,don't wanne listen.

Hello Dog Owners in Siem Reap!

Once I get to Cambodia, hopefully the beginning of June, we'll have to all get together and support each other by caring for each others animals when we can't take them with us! It COULD be a great circle of animal-loving expats who want to live in S.E. Asia. Sounds like we could be a cool community.

Advice to anyone wishing to take their pets to another country: START WELL IN ADVANCE OF YOUR DESIRED DEPARTURE DATE. Just figuring out all the paperwork, vet visits and policies of different countries and airlines is going to take A LOT of time and effort, time and money, and then more time. Someone (and it MIGHT have to be me) should write a detailed blog about how to do this. Hell, I'd PAY someone to do all this work...and I'm not rich!
Be aware not every country allows you to switch planes in their country and tranship to certain others. For instance, Hong Kong may  not allow me to go from HK to Cambodia, but I might be able to go from HK to Bangkok THEN to Siem Reap. I have a licensed service dog and HOPE this will make getting her to Siem Reap easier.
Message to Elaine: I haven't forgotten you...just insanely busy with all this! We will definitely hang out in Siem Reap once we both get there this Summer. Good luck and Speed for all of us who love our animals!
Love to you all,
Cindy

Look forward to getting together and having pet socials ; P
I see your date of arrival is a little later! ; (    But still in time for when I get in town. 

Good Luck, Cindy, and keep sane!

xoxo
Elaine

Hey All,

I'm going to be in PP from September till about November, but definitely have my eye on Siem Reap as a permanent post. I dog walk/pet sit as a moonlighting business here in the states and I'd be happy to house sit/ pet sit/ or just check on your pets while your away. I have limited vet experience (I used to work in a vet clinic) and can administer pills, subqutaneous IV fluids and shots.  Not sure what I'd charge when I'm over there, but can figure that out as I go along.

Hoping to have my dad bring my baby girl over once I get settled- can't live without my furry dogger!

xo

Maura

hi, we will be there in july ,not sure if that helps , but if ever you wish help any time afterwards ,contact us.   can we rent houses here with our 2 dogs, in sihanoukvile,do u have any idea as we have been to pp and notice it would not be possible as our dogs are 45 kilo and 42.so we are not sure to bring our dogs with us or give them to our friends, what do u advise, thankyou , dave and glenda

Hello,

I think it depends on the landlord.  my dog is 43 kilo and I found a house to rent...I can give info of the real estate agent who helped me...

(I am still trying to figure out how to get him into siem reap from Bangkok though...)

Well any expert will surely help.

Is your dog in Siem Reap yet? I can give you some advice if you need it!

Cindy