Moving to Barcelona. Just wan't to know the Cost of Living there.

Hola!  :cheers: I'm Nitin from India and I will be moving over to Barcelona before March. Just want to know that is 1000 euros gonna be a reasonable salary after accommodation? And is 600-700 euros would gonna be enough to survive there ?  :huh:

Hello Nitin and welcome to Expat.com! :)

While waiting for members to help you out, I invite you to check out other threads in our section Cost of living in Barcelona to gather as much infos as possible.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi there! I ll try to re-inspire this thread, as I have a similar question:
I hope to be offered a job (customer helpdesk at NSC-Global at T-systems) starting around June.
Gross salary would be 22.000 EUR per year which is claimed to be 1400 EUR per month after taxes, plus almost a thousand for relocation.  Surprisingly I could not find a tax calculator (in English) to confirm that.
No idea if HEALTH insurance is already deducted in this calculation (as it would be in Germany, say).

Anyway how far would me 400 EUR p.m. get me in Barcelona?  No great wealth, I know, but hopefully enough to enjoy life:) Or does it mean struggling to cook for yourself every day to save for the Saturday Beer/Coctail? ,-)

I am an thirtysomething guy, my expectations of a decent life at this stage are:

* getting a nice room in a shared flat with one or two other people, in good condition, close to the centre (I think 350EUR may be sufficient for this?)

* lunch on 20 days a month at the company canteen, or some semi-fast-food.
  few times a week eating out at cheaper places (but no greasy cheap-fast-food please) and going out drinking with friends, even visiting bars (I cannot drink much, though:)
* travelling to see a bit of Spain would be a plus,-p
* setting aside 1-200 EURs p.m. would be another plus....

Too far etched? Any suggestions for cutting costs? :-)
(Of course hints on the company based on experience are welcome, too:-)