Inquiry: tourist visa

Can i marry my norwegian boyfriend on a tourist visa?
I've been reading a lot of forums lately and i've been getting mixed reactions. Some say it is possible some say nah. Please advice! Thank you very much in advance

Do you mean he is in the Philippines on a tourist visa?
I had to go to the USA embassy and show them paperwork to prove that I was marriage material, and then it was a matter of all the usual paperwork in the province.  However, if a Filipina came to the USA on a tourist visa, marriage would be a real problem, the USA would have expected a fiancee visa, or having been already married in the Philippines, then a spousal visa.

Sorry for the incomplete info. He is a norwegian citizen i am filipino.. My ordeal is, is it possible for me to go to Norway and get married on a tourist visa? If yes what are the grounds? If no, i guess fiance visa is the only way? *i have been to norway earlier this year and i plan to go there early next year (w a tourist visa). if allowed.

suee wrote:

Sorry for the incomplete info. He is a norwegian citizen i am filipino.. My ordeal is, is it possible for me to go to Norway and get married on a tourist visa? If yes what are the grounds? If no, i guess fiance visa is the only way? *i have been to norway earlier this year and i plan to go there early next year (w a tourist visa). if allowed.

Told you how USA looks at it as being untruthful.  Perhaps you should post on the Norway expat forum

yes it is possible i know some filipinas who did it, and in my personal experience what we did since i didnt expect him to propose is this because my visa's validity doesnt have enough days left to prepare  i applied for fiance visa before the tourist visa expired while inside norway and i didnt have to go home and we got married just last nov 21.

you can read the informations i've shares in this forums:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 04#2284993

u can also pm anytime and i will try to respond as much and i'll try to help to the best of my knowledge and experience :)

But that may not apply to other countries.

yes, you can get married in norway on a visit visa provided that u intend to return to ur home country before ur visit visa expires (or if ur qualified, apply for a spousal residence permit while in norway).

to get a test cert (marriage license), u just need to bring red ribboned NSO birth certificate and CENOMAR, plus the declaration forms in skatteetaten site. ur papers should not be older than 4 months at the time of application.
you also need to present a valid stay on your preferred wedding day. so i suggest you get the 90-day visit visa so u will have enough time for the preparations.. i think 3-5 weeks can be enough for a simple civil wedding.

me and my fiance had the mistake of applying for the test cert last december when i was on a 3-week visit visa. coz my fiancé called and asked skatteetaten what visa they need, and he was told that the current visa i hold is enough, even tho it doesnt cover the wedding date.. our target wedding date will be on April. i went home after 1 week of submitting the papers, and was planning to get a new visa for April. unfortunately, skatteetaten needs to see a valid visa AND an entry stamp, for them to identify that indeed i have a valid stay DURING THE marriage date.

luckily, our skatteetaten case officer was kind enough to put our application on hold until i get there on april.. my april visit visa had already been approved, i just need to "be there" in Norway :P and hopefully, get out test cert just in time for our planned wedding day..

hope this helps.. :)

Wow good luck to you guys.