Stranger in a strange city

Hi,

I have just moved to Copenhagen and sometimes it feels strange as i do not know anyone. I did not think it would be hard in renting a room/apartment here, but already three people have tried to scan me, wanting me to send them money for a room before i got the keys. I hope all the Danish people are like this, i like being here and i want to stay.

Went to the job centre today to look for work but because i did not speak Danish they where off putting, but i do not give up i will keep looking as i said i am here to stay.

anybody drop a line

BLUEBIRD

Hi Bluebird!

I'm danish..and of course living in Denmark ..

I'm sorry you ran in to that many scammers ... next time you look for an appartment you are welcome to write me the information and i'll check if it looks valid!.. I'm not happy about Danish people scamming foreigns!!

Or if you need any other tips about living here..let me know :)

Hi,

Thanks for your message and encouragement. I like Denmark and Copenhagen it reminds me of my home country (Scotland). These type of people get everywhere and i am not saying they are Danish, at the present moment i am renting a room in taastrup for three months, but for me to get on and get a job i have to get an apartment during these three months. The job should be easy as i am a highly qualified and self motivated type of person. So during these months i will have to keep a close eye on the rentals.

It feels good that someone from Denmark does care (not saying on one does) but for s stranger in a strange city it feels good that you answered my blog.

Thank You and have a nice xmas

BLUEBIRD

I'm glad to know you enjoy Denmark .. it is an amazing place ;)

..have you tried searching for an apartment on this site?
http://www.lejebolig.dk/lejebolig/koebenhavn

..It's in danish but you can put in english in the right corne of the page ;)
Some are a bit expensive but you can find cheap ones as well!

If you are really in trouble with the appartment thing..maybe a roommate is the answer, i know alot of the international colleagues i have, used this website http://www.findroommate.dk/ 

I really hope you enjoy your time here!!

..And I hope you'll have a nice christmas as well!