SARTENEJA/BELIZE

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to rent a home in Sarteneja and how much the going rate is?

thanks
Ron

Hi Ron! I suggest you to put an ad in our Belize classifieds > accommodation section. It might help you!

Good luck :)

Did you go to Sartenja? Just curious as my research has led me to beleive it would be a perfect place to retire.
thanks for now
Deanna

Hello Deanna -> To note that this thread is dated 2010. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thankyou, as you can tell I am new to this type of communication and did not see that!
Deanna

Most of us have made similar mistakes. I know that I have. Welcome to the forum!

Thankyou very much for the welcome!
I just spent a wonderful couple of hours reading some of you blogs, very well written and informative, thankyou for sharing your stories!
Have a question, I have never read anything on the community that you have decided to call home now.  Do you have a blog or is there a site to read more about it?
thankyou for now
Deanna

Hi Deanna,

Yes I do have a blog; joycesaysdoit.com/. Most of this site is about being an expat and some of the experiences that we have had. I try to keep it humorous, so hopefully you can get a chuckle out of the postings.

Do not buy from a realtor in sartenja . You will pay double for the land . There is a man in sartenja who runs A hotel . His prices are double. To do a title search and transfer land he will charge 2000.00 US dollars. We bought land from a local directly half the cost!!! We paid a lawyer in orange walk to do the title search, sells agreement, transfer the land to our name. $ 500.00 US dollars ... Expats beware do your research talk to locals and you will save money !!!!

Stay at the oasis very friendly Canadian runs it !!!

Hello Cynthia000

Thank you for the complementary infos! Also kindly note that the initial post is 4 years old. However, useful infos are always most welcome ;)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Ok I'm new on here..