TALENT CORP - IS IT GENUINE OR A SCAM?

Does anyone have any information or experience with Talent Corp?  Talent Corp, as I believe it, are the organisation dealing with the Professional Talent Residency Pass. 

I want to make an application.  I was alerted to the fact that the call centre line is permanently busy and E-mails are not replied. As the Talent Corp web site shows, there is no-one, no human contact at all to answer queries or verify the application process. The application requires money and a lot of paperwork up front for applications to be considered (birth certs, passport, tax information, salary evidence and more).  Understandably, the alarm bells are ringing.

Can anybody assist me in this? Please reply if you have had any dealings with Talent Corp, the Talent Residency Pass, or any further information that can help me.

Many thanks,
Clara.

Its a very good and real government initiative, which was set up to bring Malaysians working abroad back to work here. It also enables the very top foreign talents to more easily live and work in Malaysia. Hence the salary requirement in RM

You have to hold an employment pass for 3 years before you can apply.

You also have to have enough points to qualify. It is quite a difficult process and all you seem to have read is the nitty gritty and not the purpose of the whole programme.

Know several people who got ten year visa easily and one who got pr in 6 months as wife was returning expert.if you meet the criteria you will get what you apply for.

It is pretty typical when dealing with these tyes of bodies that there is no interaction possible. I guess they think all the information is on the website and if you qualify you just make an application accordingly.

I think one of the questions people want to know before applying is whether the type of sector they are working in will be considered under the Talentcorp programme, as the work is supposed in some way to reflect support for the overall development of the Malaysian agenda for development. I do know a lady who is high up in a company doing conference services that has gotten a TC pass. There are also a couple of testimonials on the website which give an insight.

I know a few teachers and a couple of doctors who got it. They just applied and got it. No hassle. Usually one is expected to use an agent in Malaysia so I expect customer service reflects this. Customer service in effect being "outsourced".

If one is not applying as the spouse of a Malaysian, going through the online points questionnaire tends to provide a bit more understanding of the requirements. 

As with many things in Malaysia they are rather inscrutable. Its just their style and a bit of Asian "face", i.e. they dont want to say "no", they want you to work out whether its a yes or a no and help them out of a sticky situation.

The British way of communicating is far more direct and dogmatic. We expect to be told yes or no quite clearly and not have to work it out ourselves.

Thanks so much, I really appreciated your replies. They were very reassuring!

GRAVITAS - Yes, I've been through the application in detail, as well as the documentation required and the website information. I'm in education and fairly sure that this sector can be considered. I have no spouse or dependents. I'm a single, working professional in Malaysia. My questions are more like: What if my passport expires in 2016 and I need to send it back to be renewed - will this effect my application? What if I want to change my current employment status in the future? I think only Talent Corp can answer questions like these and I'm surprised that if, given that they are genuine, there is no assistance or any possibility of human interaction - after all, I want to ensure a successful application. I am considering going straight to Putrajaya Immigration with my application, do you recommend this?
I like what you said about  the inscrutability of the Malaysian 'face' - thanks, clearly you have been in Malaysia for a while!

NEMODOT- So pleased to hear that you know of people who have got the Talent Residency Pass with no hassle, especially Teachers. Phew! Thanks for that. I do meet all the criteria, still, I want to ask further questions. If, as you say, a person is expected to use an agent in Malaysia, then how would the Agent contact Talent Corp if there is no accessibility for an applicant? And do you think not having an Agent is the reason why none of my e-mails are answered? Do you think recruiting an Agent will strengthen my application?

The whole point of the Talent Pass is that you dont have to notify anyone if you change employer. Its a sort of global employment pass. When your passport expires they will apply the balance of the 10 years into the next one. They do this for any kind of visa. You could of course get a new passport before you apply to simplify things. You need to follow the exact process stated on the website and not go to Putrajaya as it is handled by a completely different set of people. The application goes before a Board who decide whether to grant the Pass or not. An agent is just a runner and does not affect the outcome.

I guess a customer service dept is not really going to be empowered to give any answers as only the Board decides, so the information is contained on the website. If you really really want an answer you can write to the head of Talent Corp, but I think I would just go through the process and keep a low profile.