I need advise on open a software development research in HCM?

I'm IT consultant and planning to open a company just doing software development research, small no more then 5 people to start with.
Spoke to lawyer in HCM, the cost to help setup will be $500 US, the company will not doing any sale transaction, I been told this will help and not to deal much tax issue thing etc.
Also any advise on how do I go about having family invest into the business from VN?

Thank you much for any advise.
Sam

Software is an area of technology the Vietnamese have excelled in. In fact, they have proven to be so good that Japanese companies have hired whole classes of graduates to work in Japan. Recently they have got smarter, hiring the graduates but employing them in VietNam, in such places as the South SaiGon Technical Park (aka various similar names).

Two models of employment seem popular: group working in office environments or group working on-line from home. Of course, the overhead of the work-at-home is lower but control/administration is more difficult.

User Interface language will require monitoring as grammar is often a challenge with VNese.

Your corporate setup costs seem to be on the low side; if you need a Work Permit it will be additional. The US Government also wants it's cut of your income over USD$90,000, although this is easy to meet by 'expenses'. Most developed countries have tax treaties/agreements with VietNam which can introduce complications.

Regardless of your income, you will have minimum tax level set by the provincial government. The registration of companies also requires Foreigners to rent premises - no working from your accommodation. You may be required to get a VAT number, too..

Vietnamese company with IT field, in first 4 years, you don't have to pay tax for goverment.
Is this still right, Jaitch? And if it's still right, it also applies for foreign company?

I try avoiding paying taxes, Ngattt, except to VietNam.

We don't know the OP citizenship status, so cannot give definitive answer. The tax department comes up with an arbitrary number for Foreigners which you can pay or discuss.

My employer leaves all the company tax to a retired tax department official who seems to be very successful in minimising tax donations - on which he earns a commission.

Thank you Jaitch
I think you are right about the tax $0 for the first 4 years, ngattt.
http://www.itpc.gov.vn/investors/opport … anguage=en

MY VN speaking are very poor and I just very worried about the bureaucracy that I need to deal with, something that I got / need to work on.
Also recently got my VN passport and I heard that will be much helpful for setting things up.
To start with just doing research, no sale etc.
I will be heading back in couple weeks, right on time for the holidays with family.

<snipped>
Incentives:
·         Corporate income tax (CIT) of zero per cent for the first four years, starting from die first profit making year, followed by nine years at 5 per cent and 1$ years at 10 per cent. CIT exemption and reduction of five years for investment expansion
·         VAT and import duty exemption for: Equipment and machinery imported as fixed assets of projects and spare pans and components attached thereto; Construction materials imported to build the fixed assets for the project that arc not locally produced; Materials and supplies and specialized means of transport of more than 24 seats included in the techno-logical process of the project.
·         VAT of zero per cent and export duty exemption for high-tech products.
·         Similar personal income tax (PIT; for both local and foreign workers at projects operating in SHTP).
·         Competitive fees: Eligible investors are entitled to competitive land, office and factory rentals and other utility fees compared with those at other industrial parks in the region.
·         Soft incentives include:
-       Multiple entry visas for expatiates
-       One-stop investment application service
-       On-site and electronic customs clearance
</snipped>