Ex Royal Engineers meet up in the New Year!

Hi to all (Don't know how many of course) Ex Sappers out there,
I know there a few on the main Island and one or two here on Gozo.
Would any of you guys be interested in a meet up in the new year.
It makes sense to get Christmas done and dusted then maybe plan a meet up after.
Just an Idea but if anybody interested please let me know,

Iain Guilayn  ( Ex 22 year Sapper )
[email protected]

iainandgabbi wrote:

Hi to all (Don't know how many of course) Ex Sappers out there,
I know there a few on the main Island and one or two here on Gozo.
Would any of you guys be interested in a meet up in the new year.
It makes sense to get Christmas done and dusted then maybe plan a meet up after.
Just an Idea but if anybody interested please let me know,

Iain Guilayn  ( Ex 22 year Sapper )
[email protected]

Hi Iain
           Depends on when  and where but I am interested ( especially if Cisk is involved).

Terry (ex sapper 7 years, armoured engineers / field squadron)   :top:

Hi Terry, that sounds great, lets see what other response there is and take it from there. Armoured, 26?
Iain

iainandgabbi wrote:

Hi Terry, that sounds great, lets see what other response there is and take it from there. Armoured, 26?
Iain

Yep

Was that in Hohne?

iainandgabbi wrote:

Was that in Hohne?

Yes it was, we went back  a few years ago so I could show my wife the camp and Belson concentration camp.

As a young man in the early sixties it had a big impact on my  life, seeing the camp with mounds of earth everywhere.
A hand printed sign saying how many bodies were buried under each mound, I found it hard to comprehend.

Now its a visitor attraction! (and the "snake pit" is a nice restaurant).

Terry

Hi, Hohne was one of my postings (7 Sqn).
Iain

Hi out on Gozo, anything happening on Gozo for Remembrance Sunday? Would be interested in attending. Ex 21. 36, 38 Engr Regt

Hi Profwhite, As far as I know there is nothing (sadly) planned for Rememberance day here (GOZO). If that changes I will post any details on here and on FB Group page GOZONE. Ubique!

Hi Iain last year we went to an open air service at the cemetery by Xewkija roundabout not sure if it will be there this year