Author researching for new book.

My friend is researching subjects for a new book, specifically ex-pats in Bulgaria. If you would like to share your experiences, reason for coming, joys or problems etc. etc. she will be happy to hear from you.
PM me for contact email.
Thanks for your time.

Sounds a good idea, I think there should be some interest on this.
I have a house that I bought over 2 years ago on a 3 year interest free payment plan, which is funny as I would struggle to find fianance for a car in the UK, I've been getting it renovated steadly through out the last 2 years it is now 95% complete mainly gardening work required now, and a lick of paint to new plaster walls etc...
(I would be happy to participate towards the book, although I am not yet ex-pat more regular visit pat!!)
regards Steve.

Hi Steve,
I think at the moment she is looking more for ex-pats that have been here for a while full time but I will add you to the 'list', if I get some response that is  :) .
She wrote a book about ex-pats and her own experiences in France which seems to have gone down well. Unfortuneatly it is only in German for the time being so I haven't read it personally as I'm still struggling with English  ;) never mind German or Bulgarian.
Where in BG is your place?

The house is in Byala,Ruse district.
From the 16th of December a new direct flight path is starting from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to Bucharest which is going to be much better for me travel time to my house will be 90 minutes, as I currently fly from Manchester to Sofia, where driving across to my house is over 3 hours.
Regards Steve.

That's good news for the travel time, it's about time they got the airport near VT sorted but then it probably wouldn't be to Heathrow knowing my luck so I'll still have the 2.5 hr airport run.
All the best
Ian

Apparently there is an Airport near VT, near Arbanasi but it has not ran charted flights for sometime and is used as an internal Airport for domestic logistics, deliveries etc.... I think a Swedish or Icelandic airline had looked at it, but never took it further? If it were to open though that would suit both our needs.
My house only about 35 mile from VT, I drove through it this April busy old place tried to get a nice B&B but as it was a spring term the prices shot up, we ended up at the Kaloyanova fortress in Arbanasi, which we enjoyed had a great night there with a bulgarian night, bbq and caberet. Sadly the heavans opened so the bbq food just was ordered and eat in the giant hall, I'd go again for a themed night.
Kind regards Steve.

Steve,

Can I ask what company you got a 3 year payment plan through? Or was it a personal deal? My husband and I are looking to buy a place in the next year or so and we are debating whether we want to buy something cheap outright and then spend the next few years renovating, or get something a little more expensive that only has a bit of work to do... and I would love to hear how some people financed their homes here.

:)

The airport is at Gorna Oryahovitsa, I've been past it a few times, there doesn't seem to be much there and only one runway I think. Only about 45km from Byala but I can't see any commercial flights from there for a long, long time yet. We live in hope!

Hi just checking you got my reply via private message?

I am terrible about checking private messages :) Just found it now! Thanks for the info!