Travel Insurance

Hi, I'm thinking about visiting Singapore with my Vietnamese friend and am wondering if there are any reputable Vietnamese companies that offer travel insurance for a Vietnamese citizen. Preferably insurance that can be purchased online or in HCMC ? if not does anyone know of a good company ?

Thanks

Why buy insurance?

If there is a dire medical emergency, country authorities will provide emergency treatment - in most parts of the world.

Singapore is so close, for travel purposes, it's a nothing.

Have you checked out the inter-ASIAN country agreements on health?

Use ur creditcard to pay for the ticket and u get automatically the credicards insurance.
Thats what i always do when traveling.

not sure i follow guys. if you end up in a foreign hospital you have to pay. a singapore hospital would be very expensive for emergency time. as for the credit card insurance this is usually only applicable for high end credit cards. my friend a vietnamese person was in viet nam emergency for several days and had to pay for this.

panda7 wrote:

not sure i follow guys. if you end up in a foreign hospital you have to pay. a singapore hospital would be very expensive for emergency time.

If, for instance, and let's not hope it happens, you were hit by a car, or fell from a window you would get emergency care without question.

After all, we are not dealing with FV Hospital. (who wants proof of insurance or USD$2,000 even in an emergency)

For example, even in VN, if a Foreigner is injured in accident, emergency treatment would be offered immediately by almost any medical facility. FV Hospital was different in a case I know of - they called a taxi and had a man with a broken leg carted away to Cho Ray. Unlike FV, Cho Ray helped the victim.

You have to assess the risk - are the travellers old, or have especial risks?

my question is is there a reputable travel insurer in Vietnam for vietnamese citizens when they travel overseas. or do they have to look for a global company like Bupa...

panda7 wrote:

my question is is there a reputable travel insurer in Vietnam for vietnamese citizens when they travel overseas. or do they have to look for a global company like Bupa...

Ask your travel agent.