Job Offer From SABIC Sharq........Please advise

Dear All,

I'm a mechanical engineer , 7.5 years experience, I've got an offer to work in SABIC- Sharq (Jubail) with a basic salary around 8000 SAR but the contract will be with a contractor (ABIS).I know that SABIC is a very good company but I've a lot of concerns regarding working through a contractor not a direct hiring with sabic, so I want your advice in this situation:
1) Is it safe to work in SABIC through a contractor or they can end the contract anytime (What is the history in similar cases)?
2) Working culture of Contractors? Behavior of Direct employee to Contractors?
3) Who will be the reporting boss whether from SABIC or ABIS?
4) Does ABIS changes working places frequently ?
5) Salary Slip will be of SHARQ or ABIS?
6) Leave Sanctioned will  be from SHARQ or ABIS ?
7) What Facilities does Direct employee get which Contractors not? Like incentive , canteen facility etc.
8) Do anyone know any thing about ABIS Company?
9) What is the possibility to join SABIC directly in the future (within 1-2 years).
I need your advise to decide whether to travel or not ?

Hi,

I will try to reply you as much as I know.

1) Is it safe to work in SABIC through a contractor or they can end the contract anytime (What is the history in similar cases)? Even if you are a direct employee the contract says 1 month notice to terminate. This is Saudi the rule changes everytime so nothing is confirm here, Im not demotivating you here just telling the truth.
2) Working culture of Contractors? Behavior of Direct employee to Contractors? No difference, even if you are a contractor once you are provided with SABIC badge you are a SABIC employee and treated the same.
3) Who will be the reporting boss whether from SABIC or ABIS? SABIC
4) Does ABIS changes working places frequently ? NO
5) Salary Slip will be of SHARQ or ABIS? ABIS
6) Leave Sanctioned will  be from SHARQ or ABIS ? From SABIC
7) What Facilities does Direct employee get which Contractors not? Like incentive , canteen facility etc. Only Contractor No Bonus
8) Do anyone know any thing about ABIS Company? No
9) What is the possibility to join SABIC directly in the future (within 1-2 years). Nil or if yes chances are very slim
I need your advise to decide whether to travel or not ?

Hope it helps

Thanks .....it will be great helpful sharing....
Sir , I want to know what is the basic salary generally offered by SABIC for 7.5 years of Mechanical maintenance.
anyone from SABIC SHARQ employed through Abdullah Al A Barrack Company , kindly share your experience .......

Hi dear, the job offer falls in the "just Ok" zone. Means generally they offer similar levels at this experience however you will find people with higher salaries once you reach there. This is due to hiring status, specific experience and off course HR negotiation.

One of my friends had a bitter experience with ABIS some 5 years ago but the company has improved a lot since then and some other friends are working with them without any problem. However i must tell you the best contractor for SABIC is DAR Al Riyadh.

Is There any restriction for the use of Internet and Telephone Calls to your home country?

naveenman123 wrote:

Is There any restriction for the use of Internet and Telephone Calls to your home country?

No restrictions :)

hello, please send me your e mail address so i can send you an excel sheet for HR in many companies in gulf, you may got other offers and differentiate between them of you have time to respond to SABIC. GOOD LUCK

my e mail id is - ***

Kindly explore the roles of these contractor companies ( Abdullah Al A Barrack) like whether they are just supplying the manpower to their client at low cost or their extent of interference between candidate and the client company?
is there any kind of partiality between direct employee and contractor employee?
Also I have not received any detailed offer letter or any programme of job orientation and pre flight procedure from the company although they have selected in last of Nov 2014.
I am confused, kindly help.....
Thanks

i send the mail but error sending, it says this user dont have a yahoo account :)

My e mail id is - ***

@vramakr currently I'm working as contracter in sharq(SABIC) as a maintenance rotating technician. But i want to work as a direct employ with better salary.... Can you help me...

Hello Mani Matheew,

Welcome on board !

Please note that you are participating on a thread from 2014. Those members are no longer active.

If you are looking for a job, please create your CV in the Jobs in Jubail section.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed