New in Bergen with a 4 year old boy

Hi!
I just moved to Bergen from the US and work at the university. I have a four year old boy, and he is in barnehage, but he is having difficulty making friends because of language.  He has a speech delay and speaks some English and some Norwegian. He really wants to be social and he is sad that he doesn't have any friends, but I am having trouble connecting with other parents in the area as there are no kids in our neighborhood. Any others new to the area with kids who would like to get our kids together to play? Please get in touch!

Hi,

I was just looking online for English language kid communities for our son, Harold, who is five and has also been feeling lonely at barnehagen and stumbled upon your post. We'd be interested in meeting for a playdate somewhere soon and seeing how it goes. Let us know if you're interested. We're from the west coast US and are in Bergen for a teaching position at the University for the year.

Tom

Hi Tom,
Great to hear from you! We would love to meet for a playdate. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 45678807 to set something up. We are free the most late afternoons and weekends. We have also been looking for a community of newcomers, English-speaking or otherwise, to find some other parents. There doesn't seem to be much of that in Bergen however, so it's really nice that you got in touch.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Erika