Translation please..

Is there someone here who speaks Swahili  that can translate to English for me?
Many Thanks in advance
K

yes there is. i'm proficient in both languages

Can I send you private message?
I'm not too sure of the content.

sure

Can you accept my contact request,so I can message you.

Ok...
I will post the message that was sent to me.
I have not been able to google translate it that makes any sense to me.

The message for translation is.."Kanichapa mbao hatha ikifa motsefuni"
I was told it mean't "you are a beautiful lady"???

Is this correct?
K

I can translate it for you.Send me an email to [email protected] or give me a call on +254728530944.
Regards,Susan

Great,thankyou. Have sent you email.
kim

Did you find a translation? In case you haven't, it means "to hit me". Not physically hit, but like you've hit someone with a surprise or a shock. As if you have done something to them like lie to them or cheat them; something to shock them. Usually it's not a good thing. It doesn't mean you're beautiful.

Really?
Is it Swahili?

That is strange...I did wonder if the message was mean't for me.

Thanks

Kim

It's not proper swahili - there is street words and shang there making it a hard sentence to understand. Mbao is swahili for timber but is also a street word for score. In this instance it seems as though he/she is saying you hit him/her with a stick/timber and he will run away. I'm an expat but my husband is Kenyan. He also agreed it isn't proper swahili. It can mean literally or metaphorically depending on the conversation. That's the toughest part of swahili is always context. Lol

I am on whats app.
+4407973 688594
Kim

Hallo
       Am  an expert Swahili-English translator and am readily available to translate for you.
Regards
JAMES WETAKA.

Hallo
       Yes.

Hi

Someone has told me it isn't Swahilli.

Kim

Hi
   May be am not getting you clearly.What is not Swahili?

The message I wrote i needed translating.I posted it on the forum

Sorry if I confused you K. The message IS Swahili, it's just not "proper" Swahili. It is just that it is using some sheng (which is a made-up english/swahili language people use in the streets). Hope that clarifies it.

Sorry,Tracey...much confusion
I am just trying to get to the bottom of a message my boyfriend sent to me,it may be by accident.
But the context before that was sexual.
He told me it was about our personal/sexual relationship.
I asked him if it was sheng and he said no.It was Giriama,which confused me ,as why would he send a message in a language I don't speak.

Thanks,
Kim

You're beautiful in Swahili means,"wewe ni mrembo" this is something else and if your boyfriend wrote this,he's not being nice to you :(

And its better you don't bother about the translation because it's a rude statement.

please tell me.
It means the difference between me going to see him or not.

It might be think  sent to me by mistake...as I don't know any african language,

I urge u to vist my town. Kakamega town. Its a gud place. Hahaha! By the way, am kevin. U are welcomed

It sounds like he is admitting sending you the message? Am I wrong about that? There is no love in that message, and he is lying if he says it is, it isn't a nice message. We can all understand it, so it isn't any other language and I think he is playing games with you. :/

Kelimlim wrote:

I urge u to vist my town. Kakamega town. Its a gud place. Hahaha! By the way, am kevin. U are welcomed

:offtopic:

Thankyou to those who tried to help.

I appreciate it.

Godamn, why can't anyone of u just give this lady a godamn straight answer...y'all giving her a runaround....somebody please just straight up translate the Damn shit for her.....it ain't too much to ask

Yah yu can inbox plz.....am trying to add to whatsapp but your number aint responding...inbox me your number plz

Janeokelley, the reason is that it is difficult to translate, as it is not written in swahili and therefore does not translate easily, or directly.  Looks like sheng to me.

If it is sheng;  for example, the word 'ikifa'  in swahili can be translated to 'it dies' in english.  However the word 'kifa' means detonator in english.  As others have said; 'mbao' in swahili means 'timber' in english.  Equally the 'chapa' part of 'kanichapa', in swahili can mean 'mark', 'brand', 'print', 'impression'.   'Nichapa' translates as 'beating'.  'Chapa' is also used in sheng, with a similar meaning.

Sheng is a fluid language where words often don't have the same meaning as similar words in either swahili, or english.  However, from my very limited knowledge of sheng the word 'beautiful', when referring to a woman is: 'shpleng'. 

I understand that kigiriama as a language is quite closely related to swahili, so I agree that this message is unlikely to be complimentary.  Why send a complimentary message in a language that you wouldn't be able to translate?

Just be wary - from my personal experience, beating partners is not uncommon for kenyan men!!!

Hi,
Kindly send me a private email on [email protected].
I am happy to assist.

Kind regards
Elsi

-thread closed, as required by the OP-

Closed