Can i change the passport number printed on my work permit of Bahrain

Can i apply to change the passport number printed on my work permit of Bahrain . Because i had to reissue passport. And now my passport number is different . My work visa has my old passport number on it ? Can i migrate to Bahrain or not ?
Please guide me what shall i do now ? Thanks --Digvijay

Dear Digvijayhere,

If your out of Bahrain i believe you cannot travel with your current work permit, since your old passport has now been cancelled. Please contact your company and ask them for the procedure, i think they would have to apply/renew your work permit with your new passport details and send you a copy of the same, so that you could come back to bahrain.

I know the procedure if your in Bahrain : you just have to submit the new passport and old passport and the work permit will be transferred to the new passport (hardly takes a day or two)

good luck!

T&R
Arjun

As mentioned earlier , do get in touch with you employer !

At the same time , have a talk with the Embassy of Bahrain !
They might assist you !

Contact # of Embassy :
+91-11-26154153
+91-11-26154154

You can return to Bahrain on a new passport, even if your residence permit and work visa are on your old passport and have the old passport number.

When you arrive, give the new passport and the cancelled old passport to the immigration officer. They will stamp your new passport and make an endorsement about your residence permit and visas being on the old passport. As soon as you get to work, hand over both your new and old passports to you company HR, who will do the needful to get your
residence permit and visas changed and stamped on your new passport.

My wife and I have gone through these steps successfully and its not a big problem at all. People change/get new passports all the time.

Good luck!

Thanks Arjun for your reply :-)

Digvijayhere wrote:

You are welcome  :whistle:

Farhaz wrote:
Digvijayhere wrote:

Perfect answer as always Farhaz

Josnuggles wrote:
Farhaz wrote:
Digvijayhere wrote:

:D

Arjun aka simboy is a great guy and a friend. I replied on his behalf  :gloria

Thanks Farhaz for your encouraging reply but i am still afraid and so confused if i may not be allowed to enter Bahrain . So i want to confirm once again if i can travel with my work permit which has my old passport number printed on it. I have reissued my passport due to change in the address.
I really appreciate your guidance as you mentioned that you and your wife have gone through this process and you were able to travel to Bahrain.
Can you plz guide me in detail ? or can you plz arrange any supporting document for me , so that i can travel to Bahrain with the same. ??
Can you visit visa office in Bahrain and do the required procedure behalf of me plz ??
I will send you all the necessary documents and the required process fees. I can not do this as i am in India at this time and my employer is not taking any interest in this matter :-(

Digvijayhere

Read my response above again. It is quite clear. The simple message is this: Come to Bahrain and once you are here you can do the needful.

And just so that we are clear of our roles on this Forum - I do not provide document processing and clearing services especially not for unknown people. I have a full time job that keeps me quite busy.

Farhaz wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

:D

Arjun aka simboy is a great guy and a friend. I replied on his behalf  :gloria

HA! hope the person got the message as well. We are all here to just share knowledge and help! Cheers!

dear Digvijayhere,

Farhaz has given you a very clear picture about the situation. The final decision is yours, if you still have doubts the best place to visit the the Embassy.

Good luck!

T&R
Arjun

Thank you all for sharing your experience, ideas and providing me the proper guidance. I am really very greatfull to all of you guys. And i really appreciate this kinda platform and blogging site where everyone shares their knowledge and people like me can get solution of confusion and doubts.
My flight is tomorrow , ie 8th of December at 18:15 from DELHI-INDIA. All i can do is just take a try to travel to Bahrain with my work visa with both old and new passport.
If i will be stopped from here Delhi its ok , but if i will be send back from Bahrain then it will be a great loss of time and money for me . I am not sure wot will happen , bcoz it seems that there are 50-50 % chances for positive and negative results. Anyways, lets pray and hope for the best. Thank You  -----DIGVIJAY

Thanks to Simboy (Arjun) for making  me alert for all possible consequences and problems which may occur during my travel. Thanks Dear :-)

Hello everyone > just to inform you that some irrelevant posts have been removed from this topic.

Dear Digvijayhere,

Your welcome. But just a reminder we are a team here everyone who responded is equally responsible. We are all here to help people in need and share our knowledge.

Good luck!

T&R
Arjun

Simboy,

For some reason, Digvijay obviously likes you more than the others. :P That's probably why he makes special mention of you.  :lol:

On a serious note, I hope he reached Bahrain safely and without problems.

Good luck to him.

Farhaz wrote:

Simboy,

For some reason, Digvijay obviously likes you more than the others. :P That's probably why he makes special mention of you.  :lol:

On a serious note, I hope he reached Bahrain safely and without problems.

Good luck to him.

I wanted to get the info to him so that next time he treats everyone equally ;)

anyways like always Cheers farhaz! your a good sport!  :top:

good luck to him!

Hello Dear Farhaz,

There is nothing like wot u think and how u feel dear Farhaz. For me all are good frds  and i really respect equally all OF u guys for yur kind supporting advises.

But if i was wrong somewhere then i am extremely sorry and apologize for the same.Sometimes when we are in tension and in hurry , then we dont get time to notice each post .This is the reason why i didnt mention a responce to some post .

But finally i have realized that Farhaz is really an expert and knowledgable person :-)
Yes, i am in Bahrain now . And i reached here on Monday 20:10 without any problems and hassles.  There was no problem while boarding from Delhi. They didnt  ask for old passport even ! I think bcoz old passport number was mentioned in my new passport.

But when i arrived in Bahrain , i had to wait almost for an hour. They just made me waiting and i was really afraid why they had stopped me . But actually they made me wait just for making an endorsement  of my work permit to my new passport . They also took scanning of my fingerprints. Thats it !

So Farhaz, u was right and correct wot u told me. Now i am in Bahrain , :-)

Thanks to God and thanks all of u here again .     

DIGVIJAY

Hi Digvijay, Glad to hear you made it.  :top:

I told you there was nothing to worry. It's a normal thing for people to get new passports and Bahrain authorities have procedures in place to handle such situations.

Thanks for your note above. But I still think you and simboy have something going on
:P ... hahaha.

Best wishes!

Dear Digvijay!

welcome to Bahrain and all the best!

Farhaz  :D

T&R
Arjun

Sure you can, go to LMRA with  your new passport they will change your information in the system and print a new visa with new passport number.

:thanks: yeah you are right ...
at the time of passport renewal , most countries putting stamp on the old passport " Pakistan passport office " FRESH PASSPORT HAS BEEN ISSUED BEARING VALID VISAS "    :whistle:
http://s3.postimg.org/kaaglizir/sabr.jpg

Aym75 wrote:

Sure you can, go to LMRA with  your new passport they will change your information in the system and print a new visa with new passport number.

dear khush420,

I believe sharing any personal info on a public medium is not advisable.

T&R
Arjun

:|  yeah you are right ,
let me edit it
thanks

OK now ?  :top: