Expat health insurance

Hey there all,

Is there anyone who can suggest a health insurance for a family of 3, 2 adults and one 2year old?
Google offers so many but would like to hear from a current member the pro's and cons as well as costs?

Appreciate thanks!

Hi,

maybe you should ask a quote to our partner?
https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/africa/mauritius/

Thanks, did that, await their reply

Hi There

My husband works in full financial services for expats on the island including medical cover. If you send me your contact details he can contact you and set up the necessary.

hope its of some help.

Talitha

Hi there,

Could you answer a couple of questions for me?

I understand that we have to have private health insurance when we come to Mauritius and that this would cover us for hospital stays etc. But what about general health problems that we in the UK would visit our GP for. Do we register with a Doctor in Mauritius?  Also what about regular prescription medication, I need to take thyroxine daily, Would I have to pay for this on a private prescription and would I be able to get it from a GP clinic over there?

OR, I did wonder, as we intend to return to the UK probably twice a year, could I continue to get my repeat prescriptions in the UK. We intend to carry on paying National Insurance in the UK.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Donna

Hi
You dont have to register with a gp here although a lot of people do. You can visit any one of your choice when ever you wish to do so. You obviously have to pay and charges range from R200 to R900 per visit. Most drugs are available and I cant see you having a problem.Good luck.

Hi Donna,

Do u have an expat medical aid yet? A friend of mine does all the different expat medical schemes so if you like i can give you his details and you could get all the info u need from him.

Talitha

Hi Patch n Parrot

Thanks for the offer but we're not sure when we'll be coming over so will leave it until we have a definate date, Thanks for the info anyway.

Donna