Spouse visa holder can get jobs in Malaysia ?

Hi,
I am an IT professional from India having 5 yrs of testing experience. My Husband got an offer in Kuala Lumpur (IT job) where I will be holding a dependent Visa.

1.Can anyone please suggest me whether its possible to get a work permit for me to search and get a job in Malaysia?
2. If Yes, then do I need to apply for WP visa or that dependent visa will work?
3. How much possibility are there to get job for a foreigner in Malaysia.
4. Am I taking a wrong decision by resigning and planning to move Malaysia in hope to get a job there definitely?

Looking forward quick response and guidance please suggest ASAP.

Regards!
Sni

IT is the sector in which you are most likely to get work and testing is a growing area, as Malaysia wants to become a large outsourcer of services, but fairly new approach. You could attend some events and network at them. Do some research here:

http://www.mstb.org/

Also take a look at this:

http://www.cebit.de/product/q-portal/453883/G291972

No-one can answer your questions, but if you can get a job at a salary of RM5k per month or more, you can get your dependent pass endorsed with the right to work, or give it up and be on an employment pass like your husband.

If you can take a sabatical from your current job for 6 months to 1 year, that might be an option.

Dear Gravitas,

Thanks for your quick reply!!

From your answer I went through the links your have provided , So do you want me to do a certification? Also I would like to let you know that I have already started learning Informatica developement and involved in ETL testing which could help me to hold multiple skill sets. I am hoping for the best.

And regarding sabatical leave its not possible including other options also u have given in my current employer also my husband has got a long term offer in Malaysia. As we both having stable career and decent salary here we can also took back this Malaysia offer and be here if its really tough to get a job in Malaysia for me. Please do suggest.

I would really appreciate if  anyone can share and suggest me know by referring my above question and this one.

Regards!
Sni

Hi Sni

As long as you have supporting work experience around testing, Malaysia does have opportunities. As suggested by Gravitas, do socialize your profile in the job market. I am hoping employee referrals might work as well.

I am planning to do the same for my wife who had done INFA work in past.