What do you think everyone should know before moving to Montenegro?

Hello everyone.  I have been living in Mexico for the past several years and have enjoyed it greatly.  But things change and now I am looking around in other parts of the world.  Came across Montenegro and was very interested in finding out information about it.  This is my very first investigative attempt.  So tell me, it looks beautiful, - is it?  It looks expensive  -   is it.   it looks like humidity is all up in those hills - is it?  What is it that you think everyone should know about before moving to Montenegro?
Happy Thanksgiving.

Hello surfrider and welcome to the forum Montenegro  :happy:

Please note that i have created a new thread with your post on the Montenegro forum for more visibility and for a better interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Surfrider,

I lived for many years in Mexico also, in Guanajuato. I loved it, the colour, the smells, the festivals.
I now live in Kotor, as recently as October. I sailed in this May and fell in love with the area. I moved here for certain reasons, its very very safe (unlike Guanajuato) it has a great art and music scene in the summer and beautiful mountain hikes everywhere.
I'm still finding my way around, but so far I'm impressed.
You will of course find it more expensive than Mexico, but its one of the cheapest European countries to live in. I can't answer on the humidity, the weather is good though, quite mild even now just wet in the winter, No surf though!
Hope this answers some of your questions. As with all those on the forum, I would always suggest to those wishing to move just to do it!
Elaine