Aussie in Amsterdam - Activating Visa at IND?

Hi

I am arriving in Amsterdam on November 20th, i have already been issued a temporary Working holiday Visa valid for 6 months that expires the end of january 2011.

My understanding is that i need to register at the Dienst Persoons en Geo-informatie when i arrive as well as make an appointment at the IND to activate the 1 year visa.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment at the IND, is it something that happens straight away or is there a monster waiting list? i am concerned i will run out of time before january because of christmas holidays.

Is there anyone that has been through this process that could let me know how they went?

Thanks Roxy

Hi Roxy,
I've been throught that too, appointment at IND dont take long at all, you can make appointment and go there on the same day, or if they are too busy then the next day. But when you already submitted all your docs, then they usually says its gonna take 3 month for the process, but in general it takes around 1 month. Need more advice, just drop me a line: [email protected]