Visa question

It's been asked. Perhaps even a thousand times....I searched the net and BOI for an answer and... nothing.

I already have my ACR-I card with a tourist status. It says "temporary visitor" in Visa type. However, my Visa stamp in my passport expires November 26. I plan on going home March 26 to the USA and every 6 months thereafter.

My question is, if I extend for 6 months now, will it get cancelled and I have to start all over upon leaving the country on the 26th of March? My goal is to get an I card with residency or permanent status and I think you have to be here 6 consecutive months before you can get one. If my accumulated time of getting a 6 month extension is wiped out when I leave for 2 weeks to go back home in March, I'll just get 2 different 2 month extensions.

I am trying to avoid as much hassle as I can and not throw my money away.

Thank you in advance.

Hello JWD1972,

I think the best thing for you to do is go directly to Manila Immigration and discuss the problem with them and see what they requirement for what you want to do.  When you exit the country the visa process starts over, I am not sure if they have a provision on the ACR-I Card for reuse upon reentry with a visitor visa.  As for the residency visa, you have three choices, get a retirement visa here and post the non-refundable bond required for your age and status, or reside here for two years after falling in love and marring a Philippine Citizen, then converting your visa to a permanent one, or go thru the process of applying for a Quota Visa for residency.  The Quota Visa is limited to 50 US Citizens a year to relocate to the Philippines and takes a few years to do all the paperwork required by the Philippines.  Some of this may have some changes, since the beginning of 2014, since they have changed some of the requirements for visas here recently and I have not traveled out of country for several years now.

Hope this helps, RAC

Hi i am a nurse here in saudi arabia..i applied my husband for visit visa..it was already approved here in ministry of foreign affair..does anyone knows where in cebu city philippines had agency for visa stamping in the passport for saudi embassy in manila and what are the requirements??please help thanks..f someone knows pls email me [email protected]

Good day, If you applied 2 months or even 6 months that is consider single entry visa meaning is a tourist visa, if want to stay in the Philippines longer better to applied Special Investor Residence visa (SIRV) or Special retirees Residence visa if you are more than 35 year old

edwin

Hi DOTSKY i know someone can make for u visa stamping and its cheap but not in cebu but u can send to her by LBC  and it can be trust coz i just finish also visa stamping u can email me for more info.