Spanish GF moved to Sweden, now she's discouraged

Hello ! So my Spanish GF whom I have had frequent contact with for about 1 year, exclusively online, has moved to the place of her dreams; Scandinavia, more precisely Sweden. She was deeply unhappy in Spain, with the politics, corruption, poverty and her own unfortunate experiences in life. She only recently moved to Sweden, a few weeks ago. Before she moved she talked about it like it was a place of fairy tales, and that she valued this dream more than anything else.

It now seems that she is very discouraged. She is struggling to see how she can build a life there. She is an au pair for two families, one each week. She has about 2-3000 Kroner a month. So the pay is not great. She has no friends or support. While I realize it can't be easy, I think it would be sad for her to end up going back home. That is why I want to encourage the dream that originally led to her decision to move.

I am wondering what book could be good for someone who wants to connect and understand with the heart and culture of Scandinavia ? I know she has said Sweden wasn't exclusively the choice, it was more the north and Scandinavia in general. Sweden was the more prominent choice because she had lived there one summer before. She said the other day that she doesn't want to live there forever, and she has said before that she could imagine Norway (where I live). She also was disappointed because where she ended up living in Sweden was not like she imagined. She wanted to be in the northern parts. Now she is in the country outside Stockholm.

I am not sure the kind of book that would be the right one though. I have looked into these two different books, I'd say one is culture and one is more a travel guide. She has a taste for adventure and the wild, part of the reason she dreamed of Scandinavia, yet I am not sure if a travel guide would be encouraging or the exact opposite. It could be like seeing all the places you feel you won't even get to visit, as you're struggling to even settle in this new country, and to do activities require money no matter what it is, just to get around. Which  you can't do a lot for 2-3000kr I imagine. On the other hand it could encourage her to work hard to see the dream of seeing all these adventures turn reality, it depends as I don't know how she would feel in this matter.

Culture on the other hand could be nice, as a way to get to know this new culture a bit better. I am not sure if that would help make things easier ? I am afraid to oversimplify her situation, as if saying "all you have to do is read about the culture, and you'll do fine" - which I fear is not all it takes. Just going from my imagination without any experience of this sort, I can see that her situation must be extremely tough and very lonely. I am not sure whether a sight of adventures to come, or an understanding of culture, would help this very real situation - where economics, connections and so on are big factors that you can't deny.

These are the two books I looked into; 
bokkilden.no/SamboWeb/produkt.do?produktId=9639667
bokkilden.no/SamboWeb/produkt.do?produktId=9386105

If you have any tips on other books, or tips in general that would be very much appreciated. I need all the help I can get as I feel out of my depth in supporting someone in this situation. Do you think a book is an encouragement in this tough situation ? If yes, what kind of book would be good for someone in a new country ? She's a Spanish woman 32 years of age. Adventurous, idealistic, introverted, intelligent, temperamental.

Whoever you are in Spain, you'll be the same person in Sweden, no matter how many books you read.

She moved to Sweden to read books ?

She is 32 years old, her choice to start a new life in Sweden so for sure she will know what is good for her respectively will find out sooner or later.

If all turns out differently from what she expected, she will come back or move elsewhere next. As far as I know, most important is to learn the language

She needs to make her own friends. She might have fallen in love with the "idea" of a place and not realistically researched it.

I am relocating and have researched about things to do...which is why I joined expats. She needs to join this site and make friends as well. Learn the language...expand her horizons. When we leave out home, we can not expect the new location to be like know.

Good luck

Hi,
I am sorry with this spanish girl, I was in Stockholm and Malmö for a few days and I could notice that Sweden is a fascinating and well organized country, but it's very difficult to find job and reach a good integration with people if you don't talk swedish. We who come from southern Europe have to understand that they are not "cold", they have a different mentality and a different way to see human relationships. Since two years I have been studying swedish, because I want to work and live there, and I want to be well prepared for that. If she's studying swedish, she can visit the websites grammatiktest.se and provlas.se, they are very good for grammar and for reading books in swedish.
Suerte, mujer!