Rejection from Saudi Council of Engineers

Dear All,

I am from Pakistan and new to KSA on an engineer's visa. As a requirement for issuance of Iqama i as required to be registered with Saudi Council of Engineers. My application for registration as submitted by my employer(kafeel). Later on my application as rejected stating reason for rejection as "duration of study 3.5 years".

My Degree of Bachelor of Civil Engineering was of 3.5 year duration with 136.5 Credit Hours. Degree was attested from HEC(Higher Education Commission), MOFA, Saudi Cultura and Saudi Embassy in Pakistan.

My questions are:

a) Is there any specific requirement for duration of study for registration with SCE?
b) Can I apply again for registration?
c) Upon rejection can I appeal any where to reconsider my case?
d) Will I be required to leave KSA in order to change my profession from Engineer to any other profession?

I happen to visit SCE office in Dammam but the mudeer (manager) there was stating the same reason that "I dont care where its a bachelor degree with so many Credit Hours and attested from everywhere, we require 4 years study with 8 semesters not 7 semesters" :(

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Folks - How they came to know that your degree is 3.5 years or 07 semesters?. Do you have a separate dedicated semester for your final year degree project / Thesis?.

All Engineering degrees in Pakistan are 04 year program. How you can do it in less time

presidconsult wrote:

Folks - How they came to know that your degree is 3.5 years or 07 semesters?. Do you have a separate dedicated semester for your final year degree project / Thesis?.

All Engineering degrees in Pakistan are 04 year program. How you can do it in less time

The gentleman came to know about seven semesters by looking at my transcript.

Separate dedicated semester was not allocated for the project but was made part of 7th semester

Bachelor degrees from NUST safe for MBBS, prior to the intake of 2005 were of 7 semesters.

Apologies for not clarifying this earlier