Get another 3 months' Visa - or pay for an extension?

What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Chris

bump

If you get a 3 months visa before 1-1-2015 you won't be able to extend it after 3 months; instead you will have apply for a new visa again.

I got myself a 3-month B3 visa in August and just a few days ago I got the first extension. In February I won't be able to get a second extension - I will have to go again to Cambodia to get a new visa -  :mad:

Win

Excuse me, Win:

is it possible that you meant after and not before regarding tha coming changes in January 2015?

I'm in Europe right now and my Visa will expire in about 3 weeks...

Thanks again!

Chris

hs0zfe wrote:

Excuse me, Win:

is it possible that you meant after and not before regarding tha coming changes in January 2015?

I'm in Europe right now and my Visa will expire in about 3 weeks...

Thanks again!

Chris

The new law will take effect on the 1st of January 2015 and one of the things that will change is the symbols used for the different types of visa.
eg. under the current scheme a 3-months business visa has the code 'B3' assigned to it - the new system has several kinds of business visas but none of them use B3 as code anymore.

Visa conversions are not allowed/possible anymore after January and since the law mentions that unexpired entry/exit/residence permits issued before the effective date of this Law are still effective until they expire - I assume that visas issued in 2014 can't be extended in 2015.

In your case it's a bit unlucky that your visa expires just days before the new law is in effect - it means that 3-months later you will have to go out of the country again to get a new visa.

Hope this helps,
By the way I have posted the English version of the new law in the forum called: "New Immigration Law"
Cheers,
Win