Applying BVB

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I Applied onshore Partner Visa July 31,2013 until now they haven't made decision. Last week I've receive email..
"Dear Ms Guijaro,

Thank you for your email regarding your Combined Partner (Temporary) UK-820 / (Permanent) BS-801 visa application lodged on 31/07/2013.

I acknowledge that your application is currently experiencing processing delays however; I can confirm that this office is actively monitoring your application while these external checks remain outstanding. When these checks are finalised, we will contact you if we require any further documentation to finalise your application."
I'm planning to apply BVB on Monday so my partner and my daughter can go to Philippines to spend Christmas with my family.
Just wondering.. Is it hard to get a BVB now? I'm going to write "Visiting Family" as my reason why I'm applying BVB. Just worried they might not give me.
It's more than 2years I haven't visit my family in Philippines. I'm really really feeling homesick especially now I'm pregnant with our 2nd baby.
I hope someone will help me.
Thanks,
Charisse G.

I think you should wait for the Partner visa as sometimes if you get a BVB , other visas in process get more delayed