Any expats married to Omani men that could help me?

Assalamu alaykum, I hope all is well with you. I really need help from an expat sister to help me with some questions I have. This is really important to me and I'd greatly appreciate your help.  :(  Thanks so much in advance!

Wa Alaikum Issalam
و عليكم السلام

I am an Omani and I can help you in this matter

The important question is :

- Is he government employee?

Thanks for your reply, and yes he is.  :(

Ok

I dont want to disappoint you but this is the fact. Me and you in the same boat as I am planning to marry a foreigner too

Anyway

- Approvals are issued by the ministry of interior
- If he married without approval this considered to be violation to the Royal Decree and this case has to go to the court
- Court will fine him R.O.1000 ( one example is here in this link  http://www.shabiba.com/News/Article-28248.aspx )
- Government employees MAY got sacked from the job in some cases ( Depends on the circumstances)

In my case I have appointed a lawyer to help me in this matter  :(

-

Oh it's so difficult, we are not married yet but planning as well. If you don't mind me asking, what is the lawyer needed for? I'm sorry, I am so ignorant in these kind of topics.  :sosad:

I am going to quit the work in the government and searching for new job because I want to marry that one.

However, I will let you know what the lawyer will advice me

:sosad: Mashallah! I admire your courage and I wish you all the best inshallah. I wish the person I love was like you, but he would rather keep his job than leave it! Lol I really appreciate your help. Jazakallah khair.  :)

I cant put the job as an obstacle to me.
Rizq is on Allah not on the government

Jazak Allh Khair

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=271780

This can help you too

Guess we need to be careful of who we give our hearts too.Note to self:stay away from omani men.eish this country has selfish lawd

@flying_sahdow Assalamu alaikum

How are you?

Could you get permission from government to marry to a foreigner?

Hello kadirovah1,

Welcome to expat.com!

This thread was last active in 2015.

In case you don't find any response here, you can add your own thread on the Oman forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team