So you want exciting weekends in Phnom Penh?

Hi there!
Please comment down your ideas on how to have exciting days in Phnom Penh!
Places, foods, events, Social Works... 😊

This post has more than 100 views but no single reply!!! I must say that something is wrong with this forum...

Well here goes my modest contribution.
A nice place to visit is the Silk Island, Koh Dach, located around 7km north of the city.
"A typical rural Cambodian stilted village, dedicated almost entirely to silk weaving - people operating hand looms under most of the houses, others dying and spinning silk on spinning wheels made of bicycle parts."

You can get there by boat directly from Sisowath Quay near Street 136 or drive yourself up north and take the ferry to the island. Tuk tuk's can also get you there.

In the island there is a community project where you can learn about the silk process (1$ dolar entrance fee) and you can also drive around the island and see the locals weaving on their looms. You can buy handmade scarfs from the locals at very good prices. Just make sure you don't visit only the community. Get around to see the local environment.

You can spend half a day in the island. Afterwards get back to the city and enjoy a nice western meal in Score (http://www.scorekh.com/) nearby the independence monument and call it a day.

Enjoy.

also if you are a tennis player  and you want a great deal 55 us a month at Cambodiana hotel . You get great tennis courts( soft surface. Great for joints) , use of nice gym ,and saunas,pool etc  so you can experience luxury and great tennis experience

Thank you for interesting post, hmartires. I would love to visit this place definitely next time!

For mot of tourists  PP looks a great place to hang out, to meet  similar travellers as you,  to have cheap beer, everybody seems very tolerant.... If you dont have any doubtful interests there - and I hope, you dont have - , there is enough of 1 weekend..
But if you wish to learn the real values and beauty of Cambodia  - go to see the breathtaking dance shows ( the real, in a theatre, not in bars), where they are able to say everything about life  through dance,  try to find out original khmer singers and musicians perfomances - khmer music melts your heart. Kick box was told originally  from Cambodia  (ancient art) - I have seen really beautiful matches there, but  not happened to see in PP ... Promotion of cultural events would be better. 
Walk on the river banks, go to parks where people dance or have gym in the evening, go to markets where you can stay for hours, talk with people and you will discover lovely new world of warm-hearted khmer people.