Volunteer Travel Writer

If you are retired and living in Vietnam if you got nothing much to do come to join us we will travel around Vietnam and write Adventure tour, Wildlife Conservation, Vietnam framing project etc. free travel and Accommodation, You must be good writer to apply. for more info contact 0122 7963 318.

Oh, oh - the old writing scam. We will pay your expenses ... later ... IF we accept your prose .... after it's been handed in (and copied).

@ Jaitch old writing Scam? this is free travel and Accommodation for retired people without pay that's why Subject  (Volunteer Travel Writer)
by the way who the hell are you to judge other people business? stay out. you have posted 2987 posts it seem to me you are a sticky nose in other people business. better you mind your own business and STAY OUT.

So you are the person banned Jaitch, right?  :one

Bagyiphyo wrote:

@ Jaitch old writing Scam? this is free travel and Accommodation for retired people without pay that's why Subject  (Volunteer Travel Writer)
by the way who the hell are you to judge other people business? stay out. you have posted 2987 posts it seem to me you are a sticky nose in other people business. better you mind your own business and STAY OUT.

Bagyiphyo wrote:

If you are retired and living in Vietnam if you got nothing much to do come to join us we will travel around Vietnam and write Adventure tour, Wildlife Conservation, Vietnam framing project etc. free travel and Accommodation, You must be good writer to apply. for more info contact 0122 7963 318.

Perhaps you should post more information about this venture so that people can make an informed decision about joining up with you.
Thanks.

thats why I put my number for more info  I dont know who the hell Buon Ma Thuot is but he is very nosey in other people business instant of helping.

Bagyiphyo wrote:

thats why I put my number for more info  I dont know who the hell Buon Ma Thuot is but he is very nosey in other people business instant of helping.

I did PM you, but you did not reply.

Why not you share it here for the benefit of everyone.

Thanks!

I answered you naoh

Bagyiphyo wrote:

You may not like the poster, but I'm sure we can all remain reasonably polite, refraining from attacks.
As Stumpy suggested, it would be a very good idea to post details on open forum.

Thanks in advance. :)

charmavietnam wrote:

So you are the person banned Jaitch, right?

No, he wasn't. Besides getting 'banned' means nothing. But we don't want to get some mods wound up.

Jaitch wrote:

Oh, oh - the old writing scam. We will pay your expenses ... later ... IF we accept your prose .... after it's been handed in (and copied).

This explains a few things.

http://alexisgrant.com/2011/02/07/the-m … to-travel/

Bagyiphyo wrote:

The fact that you don't know Buon Ma Thuot simply illustrates you don't know VietNam, or it's history, and you are running "Adventure tours"?

Buon Ma Thuot is a large city on the Central Highlands plateau - around a million souls - and was the key city during the American War in VietNam. The Americans invested a lot of manpower in to keeping it, and the North Vietnamese spent a lot of lives tossing them out. Witness all the grave sites in the countryside.

So let's discuss your 'not a scam' scam.

You are not the first to run such tours. You will be ILLEGAL in VietNam. VietNam law requires that tour guides speak Vietnamese and one other language. They also have to undergo testing and wear a tag that shows they are a LICENCED guide.

You don't have those qualifications.

Way back in the day I did location finding and descriptions, so I understand what you claim to be doing. I also know that such ventures can be exploited for improper purposes, such as getting information then disappearing before the participants are compensated. (I paid assistants daily)

I will speak of anything I see, this the purpose of this web site - to share information. Good, bad and dodgy.

And I'll be up front with you, I have turned in many scam artists over the years - VNAT (you should know who they are). I could easily become 'retired', join your 'Adventure Tour', get the low down, then hand the evidence to VNAT on a plate. Foreigners exploiting other Foreigners who live in VietNam, or simply working scams, are of great interest to me. Every time someone breaks the law, long-term residents suffer.

And where are your previous endeavors, such as Laos, published?

And, you think, your identity is not known? Wrong. VNAT can easily get your data from Mobiphone and Mobiphone  has your passport number and visa information.

Who is Bagyiphyo? He is a divorced 53-year old unmarried man, has children, from Westmeadows, Victoria, Australia. He is of Asian heritage. He smokes.

There have been 'offers' like this before, they come up when the last scam's complaints have died off.

You said: "come to join us we will travel around Vietnam and write Adventure tour, Wildlife Conservation, Vietnam framing project etc. free travel and Accommodation".

Prospective Adventure Tourers need to find out a lot of information. When will you be reimbursed; what sort of accommodation; what type and class of travel. Make sure you get expenses UP FRONT and that he pays for EVERYTHING - UP FRONT.

How come you need to many people to cover the same areas? Besides, there is so much data on line these days you could sit in Australia and re-write.

The last one of these I heard about was an outfit from France - and they actually published. So excuse my suspicions. If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck it's unlikely to be a partridge.

Quack, quack.

Jaitch wrote:

You have a point here, as many of us already know.
Of course, there's absolutely nothing to say the OP has any ill intent, not like this site that offers tourists the chance to work illegally for a week, and they have to pay to do so.

http://www.thrillofasia.com.au/teaching … -life.html

I'm sure the contact details at the bottom left of the page are purely coincidental.

mas fred wrote:

Of course, there's absolutely nothing to say the OP has any ill intent, not like this site that offers tourists the chance to work illegally for a week, and they have to pay to do so.

http://www.thrillofasia.com.au/teaching … -life.html   I'm sure the contact details at the bottom left of the page are purely coincidental.

I actually used my companies standing as an server host to get the data from another web site host and ISP. Even have his name and his old Westlands address! People assume the InterNet is a great place to hide behind but our company employs around seven people doing nothing but InterNet search.

Older people, whose life experiences are based in earlier times when scams were different, need alerting to today's vulnerabilities. And some are so simple. There's a guy, for example, from an island country on the Atlantic side of the English (non-racial) Channel, in Phu Quoc who wanders along the beaches soliciting people to go snorkeling. He only takes deposits for trips 2 days in advance and says the bus will pick them up.

The bus never comes and the 'suckers' lose their money. (His name is Tim, BTW)

As for the OP, he has already done this earlier in Laos.

No need to get fancy with servers, I managed all that from my laptop, except the Laos and bus things - I missed them.

It's a "laosy" thing to do to people. :D