First of all Whats up everyone?

I'm starting work in kuwait in Sep

Little bit about me
I'm an American (indian descent)
SAP consultant
Home Town: Texas
I'm very out going, play basketball and Golf

I have few question

Are there any place over there where I can watch Amerian football (NFL)?

I'm bringing my golf clubs, any place I can golf or anyone here that wants to golf?

My company will be putting me up in a hotel, how is hilton kuwait or rotana?

would love to meet some of you..

Thanks guys

Hi there,
merry welcome.
The Hilton is quite alright. Hubby stayed there for a few weeks. It's right at the Gulf but not near the city center.
I don't know the Rotana.

There are two Golf courses, one still being build, 9 holes are finished (not sure if this is the link to the golf club?)and one more established with 18 holes (Saharahttp://www.saharakuwait.com/).

Football? No idea :)
But I bet there's a place somewhere :)

hi mate .. i m sorry cant help u out with teh question since i m not into the sports you mentioned , but welcome aboard ~~

and yah once u r here and have some other questions , i will be glad to help .. just post a question :) choa and good luck

Hey guys thanks Nichole for the golf info..what up zair

another question..How fast is broadband over there and how expensive?

I cannot live without NFL (American football)..LOL..If I cant go somewhere to watch, I can stream it online.

internet is like 24 KD to 12 KD a month , 24 KD is viva and 12 KD si Wataniya and Zain is also somewhere in between .. and ofcourse the same ruple applie the more you pay the better service u'll get .. btw these are all wireless internet USB devices,,, in order to have the DSL u need to get the phone line which si not less than a hetic stuff .. but since u will be accomodating in the above mentioned , so the phoen line would not be the problem but the problem would be a shared DSL connection ,, so i would suggest viva or zain wireless internet device .. u can check the conversion of KD (kuwait dinar to USD) from xe.com

IW,

I too being from Texas am a big Football fan. (Hate the Cowboys though) I'm arriving next week and I'll see what I can find for NFL games.

Do you follow college games as well?

I'll post what I find out in a few weeks.

-Tony

Tony,

are you from Htown? I hate the cowboys also!!
Texans and bears all the way..

I got details on how to watch the games over there..you need a AFN box, only available to military.

another way is to buy gamepass from NFL.com, but you'll need highspeed internet..

I'll be there in sept..I'll contact you once I'm there