How's the internet service in CDO

I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me if the internet service in CDO is OK. I might be moving there and since I work on the internet, I'm curious how the 'speeds' are. Are they good enough to watch YouTube and upload to YouTube and to send and receive zip files? If you could recommend some providers it would be appreciated too because I have a friend there who could get some prices for me if I can tell them where to go.

Regards,
Art

Hi, Art! Internet in CDO should be good, although haven't been back there in a while. There are broadband providers there now, the national providers like Bayantel, Globe, etc. Parasat, a local conglomerate, has partnered with Bayantel, so I'd start checking Parasat-Bayantel.

However, it all depends on where you will be staying. The connection of Parasat-Bayantel might not be good in that area you're moving to. Have any idea where you'll live?

Hope this helps!

Regards,
O.

Thanks for the input. Actually, since I asked the original question I've discoered that CDO is the 4th largest city in Phil so I would expect the internet to be at least as good as Manila and perhaps the infrastructure to be newer due to the rebuilding after the typhoon. However, it looks I'm going to be moving to Barranquilla, Colombia now, so..... I'll have to catch the Philippines some other time.

art