Asking for a professional visa for an internship in Vietnam, from VN ?

Hello !

I'm French with Vietnamese origins and I alrealdy have my tourist visa (so I have the right to stay 3 months and my visa is available until 2017). I'm looking for a 6-month internship in Vietnam.
I'm going to Vietnam next year with a tourist visa (for personal reasons) and I'm not sure yet if I would be able to find an internship before my departure. I plan to continue my researches in Vietnam and if I find an internship while I'll be there, I have to ask the right visa (so professional visa) to the Vietnamese embassy in Paris.

Do you know if it's possible to ask a professional visa from Vietnam ?

The Vietnamese embassy in Paris gave me unclear information.... They wanted to hang up the phone so their replies were really short and did not look for helping me... It makes no sense to have to leave and take the plane to Paris again only to ask a new visa...

Thank you for your help !!

Just use your Tourist Visa - there are no 'Professional Visas' per se.

What 'profession' by the way?

Well, that's the way they say it. It is the visa used for workers, business and internship. It's a business/work visa, don't know how is called. Embassy said there is one... and you have to have one if you want to do an internship in that country.

Internship for what!?
Just go to vietnam with tourist visa and then u can extend it from there,no need to have 6month visa or longer.

Do you think I have the right to do it so ? Won't I have any problems ?
Internship in tourism, in a travel agency.

Just extended your tourists visa, it's so easy. Don't waste your time trying to get an intern visa, it will take you all of your six months, Back handers to anyone you speak to, and a headache.

Many foreigners working (even full time) here with a tourist visa even though it's illegal  :)

kimtuyen wrote:

Do you think I have the right to do it so ? Won't I have any problems ?
Internship in tourism, in a travel agency.

Guys, she is struggling indeed to have the best preparation prior to her departure to Vietnam in order to avoid any troubles arised later on. So, we had better give her useful advices rather than making her even more confused.

@kimtuyen: Yes, you can certainly obtain a work visa during your internship over here in Vietnam (the extending duration will depend on your internship period). You may consider the following options:

1. If you already had an internship/volunteer job offer in Vietnam: Your host organisation here in Vietnam will have to take care of all the paperwork for your work visa for the whole expected duration.

2. If you havent had an offer yet: Just come to Vietnam with your tourist visa. During your stay in Vietnam you can choose:
+ Acquiring an volunteer/internship offer from a org in Vietnam and they will then proceed with the work visa application for you.
+ If you fail to get an internship offer, you still can use this 'initiative' which many expats over here are applying, going to Laos or Cambodia border gates (which are quite close and just within-a-day trip) to renew the immigration stamp and then you can take another 3-month, and so on..

Hope this helps. Feel free to come up with any further inquiries, we will do our best to help.

Cheers and welcome home!

Use Vietnam visa on arrival, use google and the service is legitimate!
You will receive a visa approval letter and with this, get your visa at the airport

virgoks wrote:

Guys, she is struggling indeed to have the best preparation prior to her departure to Vietnam in order to avoid any troubles arised later on. So, we had better give her useful advices rather than making her even more confused.

@kimtuyen: Yes, you can certainly obtain a work visa during your internship over here in Vietnam (the extending duration will depend on your internship period). You may consider the following options:

2. If you havent had an offer yet: Just come to Vietnam with your tourist visa. During your stay in Vietnam you can choose:
+ Acquiring an volunteer/internship offer from a org in Vietnam and they will then proceed with the work visa application for you.
+ If you fail to get an internship offer, you still can use this 'initiative' which many expats over here are applying, going to Laos or Cambodia border gates (which are quite close and just within-a-day trip) to renew the immigration stamp and then you can take another 3-month, and so on..

How do you know it's possible ? Do you know a foreign person (French especially) who asked for a work visa from Vietnam ? No need to come back to France to ask a work visa ? I would probably alrealdy be in the country when I will find an internship in VN...

kimtuyen wrote:

How do you know it's possible ? Do you know a foreign person (French especially) who asked for a work visa from Vietnam ? No need to come back to France to ask a work visa ? I would probably alrealdy be in the country when I will find an internship in VN...

Well well!!
Because I am an employer and already provided some internship offers so far. Hope you are satisfied now.

Ok thank you! No worries, I just wanted to make sure because I hear lots of different things!