Desperate jobseekers and ruthless bosses?

Well, I've met some unemployed locals who are desperate to get jobs.

One business owner (who happens not to pay the foreigners he hires) sells the dream of future earnings to make Vietnamese work for free. Other jobseekers paid millions to get some other job...

Some businesses love advance payments by foreigners. Then they have contract clauses which allow them to keep the unpaid salary in case "the director won't agree to the employee's notice to leave". This has worked out beautifully. Who would recommend some lengthy legal battle over a few weeks' salary?

Yesterday, my successor showed me the text she got. And it contained the same phrase the boss had used to me to justify non-payment for time worked.  :/  Rinse and repeat

You've been advised before to contact the local provincial Labour Department.

They, and the courts, are the only ones empowered to deal with it. As for the Peoples Courts, ask taxi drivers what I am like when I head for court. If you don't hit a guy on the head, proverbially in your case, they will just wait around for the next sucker, like you.

Thank you for that. I've tried to google them. Got some e-mail addresses and then wrote something with Google Translate. Success? Exactly 0%. No response. Just saying. I do not even have an address for this Dept. in Quang Ninh province.

molisa = never got an answer. Will have a translator send them an e-mail.

hs0zfe wrote:

Thank you for that. I've tried to google them. Got some e-mail addresses and then wrote something with Google Translate. Success? Exactly 0%. No response. Just saying. I do not even have an address for this Dept. in Quang Ninh province.

molisa = never got an answer. Will have a translator send them an e-mail.

An email will never work. It is not considered as a formal petition. Directly go there (Department of Labour - War Invalids and Social Affairs/ Sở Lao động – Thương binh và Xã hội) and submit a hard copy petition, list out the illegal action that employer did toward you, and raise your requests.

Very good - we will organize a group outing. We would need to bring a translator, I suppose?

hs0zfe wrote:

Very good - we will organize a group outing. We would need to bring a translator, I suppose?

Hi

You do not need translator at this stage. Cause you will just submit a petition to the receptionist of the Dept. No question no explanation by far. They will read the document and call you later. You may need a local to help finding where the receptionist is.

You can send me the petition, I will help with translation part. The Google translation may gave those officials a hard time :D