Changing the nationality in iqama to French

Kindly let me know the procedure and the documents required  to change my nationality in my iqama.Please note that I am holding dual nationality which includes French.

Hello Ruby,

When a work visa is issued , it mentions a particular nationality which is then followed on to your Iqama. It is not possible that you came to Saudi as an Indian national and then want to change to French. Your employer will have to issue a new work visa for you as a French national.

The rule is different if you are a dependent on your father or husband's work status. You could change nationality on your Iqama easily.

Will you please share what benefit you have in your mind by changing nationality on your iqama? :)

riazcdki wrote:

benefit you have in your mind by changing nationality on your iqama? :)

I guess higher pay ? :P

I tried that and I was told that I have to get the passport , of the  country that is on my iqama, cancelled. Cancellation of passport by the embassy of the country DOES NOT MEAN revocation of citizenship of that country. It means that you can no longer use THAT (passport as) travel document.

I asked my embassy and they said they can cancel and then later reissue fresh one whenever I so desire. I wanted to change my citizenship on iqama to EU country because I was told you get higher salary and better treatment at check posts if you have a western citizenship mentioned on Iqama. I avoided the change for these benefits only.

I hope the same process still stands. Ask the Government services person in your office for the latest formalities. Just weigh the PERCEIVED benefits against the  REAL hassle.

Thank you guys for the reply

Hello Sr.,
Just read your post; did you manage to change your nationality in your iqama?
I'm experiencing a similar issue; in this case is because it's becoming extremely difficult to obtain a new passport from my original country (Venezuela);I have italian citizenship as well, so I was wondering if it was possible for you to change the nationality.
Thanks,

As mentioned by the other posters, there are only two ways:

1) Cancel the Iqama / work visa on existing passport.  Exit the country.  Re-apply for a new work visa on the other nationality.  Re-enter and do the process of Iqama again
OR
2) Go to Jawazat.  Show them cancellation of existing passport and move Iqama to other nationality

I would personally prefer 1 in your situation.  I am in the same boat but I never changed because of the hassle - they don't make it easy for dual passport holders primarily for security concerns / control on exits.

Thank you very much for your reply Xtang, I'll consider both oprions; I guess one thnig I'm looking for is for some feedback of people that has been able to do it, either way.
Best regards,