Bus service to Vung Tau

I am travelling to Vietnam  in December and will be there for 5 weeks .I need to catch transport from District 1 to Vung Tau .
I have googled a few times looking for some sort of transport bus train with know real response can anyone help me. Also would like to meet some fellow a
Australians if possible for coffee and chat. I have retired and this is my second visit to vietnam last time I spent in Hanoi , Sapa, Hoi Ann, as I had friends living in Hanoi.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks Lorraine

There a nearest, safety and comfortable bus, Hoa Mai bus station at: 44 Nguyen Thai Binh, District 1 where you able pick up one every 10 minutes.

Best of choice, and most comfortable bus you able to get to vungtau at your location saying from my experiences. Just call the cab, give driver the address and you're okay to go, you can even walk there yourself.

To be short about Vungtau, there's mostly no problem with safety issues,  your ages, you travel alone or companions. Besides Russian, Australian also know to be second most popular visitors in vungtau. There several ones settle down there raising their businesses and else, have you heard about Tommy bar?

Know I have not but I am not a big drinker loving trying the culinary sides along with the temples and museum and culture. But it sounds like a visit for me .

You can go to Bach Dang, District 1 and take the Hydrofoil to Vung Tau .... Costs about 10 bucks and it is better than the bus... About 1 1/2 hour ride

The hydrofoil is not running heard it finished in March .

Check the web site for Vina Express... They say they have several lines with different prices ... Green line... Petrol line.... ECT. The web site is up and running with a daily schedule ... I will check with my sister in law and get back to you with more info if this is not correct.

They have a booth in front of Ben Bach Dang, you can buy the tickets the day of travel...Boats leave every hour

Vinaexpress.com    The site is in English

Thank you .That is great I really appreciate thi info and more.

when you get to Q1, HCM, you can get to 205-207 Pham Ngu Lao Street, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1 Phuong Trang bus to catch.
Vung Tau you down, you've got accommodation yet?
My company is working on house rent.
You can contact me at the phone number: 0933 63 73 53
I can advise, and find the most comfortable one apartment offline.
Wish you go have fun!

Thien Phu Van. Taxis and motorbike taxis know it. Two hours. Also Hoa Mai but their drivers are suicidal. 100,000 Dong. Near Ben Thanh Market.

Thank you for the information re bus service. I have accommodation but thank all the same. Kindest regard.

Try Phuong Trang (Futa Buslines) service from HCMC to Vung Tau. It is one of the more reliable bus company.

Phuong Trang office: 274 Pham Ngu Lao St

Bus departs every hour

I take the vans frequently and find Hoa  Mai and Phuong Nam have the most dangerous drivers and. Futa bus has really small seats. That is why I use Thien Phu. Prices are all the same. Same vans and seating.

I take the vans frequently and find Hoa  Mai and Phuong Nam have the most dangerous drivers and. Futa bus has really small seats. That is why I use Thien Phu. Prices are all the same. Same vans and seating.

sorry ,
i think all bus same same about quality.
but ride more comfortable Phuong Trang .

Seats are too small for foreigners

I was in HCMC going to vung tau 2 weeks ago.  There are no boats only bus, but they are good and cheap.  Can book at any booking office or hotel

Trisha

I've been told by people local to Vung Tau that the ferries will not return to service until 2015. They stopped service after one caught fire last year ... luckily 1 week before I was going to catch it. I caught Futa bus instead and it was fine.

We are getting conflicting stories on the hydrofoil service from HCMC to Vung Tau... My sister in law who lives in HCMC says the boats are up and running and others say the service is closed.

Can some one call  Vina Express and report back?

I am in USA at the moment

(Moderated: no free ads here please)

thanlan7465 wrote:

We are getting conflicting stories on the hydrofoil service from HCMC to Vung Tau... My sister in law who lives in HCMC says the boats are up and running and others say the service is closed.

Try www.vinaexpress.com.vin   I searched online and other sites say the ferry service is suspended.
I tried to book online with vina express  but no luck so maybe it is suspended. 
There may be other boats running.

stumpy wrote:
thanlan7465 wrote:

Try www.vinaexpress.com.vin   I searched online and other sites say the ferry service is suspended.
I tried to book online with vina express  but no luck so maybe it is suspended. 
There may be other boats running.

Sorry you.
Hydrofoil Vnexpress being informed means danger. more recent fires happened.
So it's best to ride like cars United Mai Phuong or Trang car ....

I was there 2 weeks ago.  There are no ferries  only buses that is a certain.

I just came back from HCMC and confirm as others stated, the hydrofoil is not running and has not for awhile.  We opted not to take the bus because we stayed outside of VT and just rented a private driver with a nice mini van to ourselves and it was well worth it.  Quiet, relaxing and fast.  We traveled to HCMC by bus and did not want to get on another bus for a few hours more and then take a taxi to our hotel.  Just depends on your preference, but the hydrofoil is not an option.

The best and safest bus service betweem Bui Vien area HCMC, exact from the parallel
street 272 Đề Thám - P. Phạm Ngũ Lão - Q1 - TP HCM  phone 08 38 309 309  or in Vung Tau central bus station Đường Lê Thành Duy, P. Phước Hiệp, Thành phố. Bà Rịa, Tỉnh Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu.  phone 0643-826768 ; 0643-826769 
They work each 30 minutes from early morning HCMC - VT until 19:00 and VT - HCMC 06:00 am until 22:00 !

There are others as HOA MAI etc. with small Van but I not know where they start in HCMC.

Alternative it has direct bus lines from HCM airport. Many companies start close motorbike parking between domestic and international airport. Reservation not needed. One is Vietjetair (redo/orange/yellow bus) phone 064-6558686 or 01242357768 and stop also in the same bus station in Vung Tau. Usual Futa and Vietjetair bring you for free to your hotel or private address, don't let you catch by a expensive taxi.

There are many Aussie Restaurants and Pub's, I take my frequently beer by Matildas Pub, 6 Nguyen DU Vung Tau close the beach with a beer ticket 6 for 5. 95% of guest are Aussies. My steak I eat in 34 Beefsteak restaurant

https://foursquare.com/v/beefsteak-34-t … 220e7a7dae

Also around Matildas Pub are many meeting points for a beer special for Aussies.

Hope it help you
Fredy

since highway the bus take 2, max 3 hours from District 1 and from airport max. 3 hours  ;)

thanlan7465 wrote:

You can go to Bach Dang, District 1 and take the Hydrofoil to Vung Tau .... Costs about 10 bucks and it is better than the bus... About 1 1/2 hour ride

The hydrofoils were declared unseaworthy TW0 YEARS AGO when one caught fire and had to beach on a remote river shoreline.

They are sea-trialling a new Vietnamese design, different style, though.

Hello....
HOA MAI TRANSIT and travel service is a good option..
95,000vnd from district 1 to Vung Tau...Ford transit van,,, mini bus.
air con,2 hour trip,, bus leaves every 20 minutes.
I use it all the time.
They pick up and drop off on the way,,, short stop half way.

fredaussie wrote:

Hello....
HOA MAI TRANSIT and travel service is a good option..
95,000vnd from district 1 to Vung Tau...Ford transit van,,, mini bus.
air con,2 hour trip,, bus leaves every 20 minutes.
I use it all the time.
They pick up and drop off on the way,,, short stop half way.

YES SEEM FAST AND CHEAPER BUT MOST OF DRIVER ARE DANGEROUS DRIVERS.

Yes they are vietnamese drivers.
not any different to the others.

fredaussie wrote:

Yes they are vietnamese drivers.
not any different to the others.

NOT FULLY AGREE: The drivers from FUTA (Phuong Trang - orange Bus) are most disciplined. I drive with them since 6 years over the South of Vietnam, they even risk the job by a speed excess! And beside those buses are bigger and more solid !

Thats good,,, you keep useing them
I am not hear to argue

fredaussie wrote:

Thats good,,, you keep useing them
I am not hear to argue

Seem you don't accept the truth and criticism as well other opinions.
So learn write Vung Tau instead  vuhg tau  :cool:

Whatever my friend,,, was only saying that is the company I use.
and I will try my hardest to not make any more mistakes.
are you happy now?
it appears that your english to do with a bit of improvment also,,, missed a complete word in 1 sentance.

Hydrofoil is best and a lot more scenic and pleasant.

Bus drivers to Vung Tau (and elsewhere) drive like lunatics with virtually no regard for safety of passengers. You would be taking your life in your hands if you went with them, I think best to avoid them at all costs.

Hydrofoil safety was an issue but now they have been upgraded due to government regulations and are now regarded as safe. I have lived here for 10 years and know a bit about HCMC.

fredaussie wrote:

Whatever my friend,,, was only saying that is the company I use.
and I will try my hardest to not make any more mistakes.
are you happy now?
it appears that your english to do with a bit of improvment also,,, missed a complete word in 1 sentance.

:lol:  right my English is worst than "kangaroo English" and my 4th language, if you speak such well German, French and Italian as myself you could be proud  :offtopic:

Dear Lorraine,

You can catch the bus from District 1, HCMC to Vung Tau, it is very convient to take Phuong Trang Bus.
You can call to the bus center to book a ticket from HCMC to Vung Tau at this number 083 830 9309 and go the bus station at No 205 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1 and the bus will bring you to Vung Tau. I am living in Vung Tau and I used this bus many times to travel to HCMC and back, it is safe and cheap.

If you need help, just email me.

Hope you will have a good time in Vietnam!

Regards
Van Phan

I took one of the new Hoa Mai VIP buses yesterday from VT to HCMC, 160,000 vnd but well worth it. They took normal bus/van and put in new seats, 5 single seats plus seat for 3 in back, each place has USB connection for charging phone and drink holder. 1-1/2 hours so still drive fast but it was very comfortable.
I have been hiring cars to take me back and forth for 1.4 million, I think I will start using the VIP bus from now on.

Hi Jessop,
Can you go by Hoa mai bus with VIP bus for 9 seats. Cost 160k/each.
Everyone are expats  in my office prefer this way. Not lost long time. Will drop & pick you up @ hotel in Vũng tàu. But you will come to Bus station in HCMC near Ben thanh market: 44 Nguyen thai Binh, D 1.
You can contact with this guy: Mr Thắng 0962 200 200.
Lucky
Kimmie

Do you people live in vt.. I think not. Ferry stopped 10 months ago. Buss from deducted tham street phẩm ngữ lão. Every 30 mins IE so. Hoa Mai good. Try Matildas bar.  The owners are great Aussie couple in 550s. Little hippies style. Great food. Can go from there. Bayview cafe across from old ferry terminal. And Lucy's next to it. Good door good places to meet. Expect all older men. Very few ladies them places. There are around vt. Wives and teachers.Great city. Frienly people safe.

Dear,

I am living in vung tau city, please don't hesitate to contact me via email [email protected], I can guide you around vungtau if you want.

I am happy to see you.