Scotland seems right for me

Hello everybody. I'm Mary half Venezuelan half Italian.. I'm living in Panama City right now but I'm thinking in moving to a EU member country. I don't really fit in with Panama culture and lifestyle!  I wonder if any of  you can give me a general idea about life in Scotland (weather, job industry,  cost-payment relation, cities).
I want a city where people are peaceful and welcoming not gossips With beautiful sceneries and cool weather. I don't mind living in small towns.  I'm an esl teacher and translator (Spanish/English) and my husband is a machinery mechanic.. where should I move to?

Hello Mary,

I think you can probably find a lot of that kind of factual information on Scotland's Wikipedia page. It might be easier to respond if you have more specific questions.

David

Scotland is cold, more so in their long winters.
Loads of drug and alcohol abuse.
High unemployment rates.
Some of the friendliest and funniest people in the world.

You would have to learn to eat haggis and toss the caber....

Unemployment in Scotland is 5.9%, which is below the U.K. average. Whether you think it's cold depends on what you are used to. For me it is a mild climate and the winters aren't that long.

stumpy wrote:

You would have to learn to eat haggis and toss the caber....

No need to learn to eat haggis - it's lovely.
Tossing the caber may well be tough; more so as I'd look really funny in a skirt, holding a woody.

http://www.2camels.com/images/festival-photos/caber-tossing-1.jpg

Hello!  Well yes I did my research as you adviced me to; found very interesting facts by the way. What can you tell me about Edinburg?  How's lifestyle over there?

Hello,

I really like Edinburgh. It's a small city but is quite cosmopolitan and offers a lot for its size. I think it's a very beautiful city with some fantastic architecture as well as being surrounded by nature. It's definitely a place I would be happy to live.

David

Hi David ~ I've had a brief visit to Scotland earlier this year. Glasgow and Edinburgh.  I'm a South African citizen and would love to relocate to Edinburgh. Where can I look for companies who are open to expats and willing to help with work visas?