Mobily vs STC for high speed internet?

I wish you would have seen this post earlier.

Public Service Message (again) :)
4G LTE is 3.9G forcefully being marketed as 4G. It's an intermediate technology; don't invest in it.
Wait for pure 4G to come to the world in 2012 end (or early 2013).

yea I agree with that but till then we cant stop using internet :D. So, according to current scenario I think STC is the best option.

Dbrain wrote:

It has worst fair usage policy of 1gb per day after which the speed gets throttled. Modem disconnects very often.

We are sailing in the same Boat !! So does lots of Mobily 4G Users. !! Believe me it is pathetic, you never know when it will disconnect and would take good 3 minutes around, to get back online !!:(

Dbrain wrote:

yea I agree with that but till then we cant stop using internet :D. So, according to current scenario I think STC is the best option.

There are other options, Atheeb WiMax, ADSL, and 3.5G.
4G is not the only option left :)

Either Mobily or STC is fine. But whatever you do, DO NOT subscribe to GO Athieb Internet Services. They are by far the worst in Bandwidth and Customer Service. It is extremely difficult to reach their customer service line and all their engineers have neither the experience nor the authority to solve your problems. I had been a loyal subscriber for 2 years, but just switched to STC because their connection is either very slow or non-existent in both Riyadh and Jeddah. I tried to take my modem to several locations to test connectivity (home, office, etc) but it was all the same. They will give you a great offer for 2 Mbps download speed, but after you pay, you only get an average of a 1/2 Mbps. And if you ever have a problem, you can forget about speaking to a supervisor or manager to get a solution.

mobily

Thumbs down to mobily.....i've had it for a couple of years...gave me a hard time with disconnecting constantly.
i just got an STC broadband modem but i'm not happy with it's speed eventhough it's 16GB:(....i wonder why it's slow like this?:mad:

It depends on your area.  STC REALLY sucks in my area and mobilly works really well.  Thus, you will need to ask folks in your local area.  Good luck!

I am usign STC landline Fiber optic connectivity..
Its 315 SAR per month for 20 MB and trust me I get usually 15 MB+.. and at times crossing 20 MB

For anyone interested in a quick solution, ZAIN (Tahlia near STC shop same side of st) offers a very reasonable 4G package, 140sr for 14gb (30 days).

I get 7.5 to 15 mbps speeds in Al Worood and DQ in the evenings, solid connections and stable speeds although 4g technology is completely different than dsl, they handle broadband data transfer in different ways.

Tried Mobily 3g but as everyone that went through the posts knows already, don't bother.

STC also offers decent 3g for smart phones, 5gb for 100sr. I've used for skype and emails without any problems.

Good luck

Sawa 4MB  250 riyals per month

I have GO broadband, supposed to be 3M, I get 0.5M on the best day,
crapy service, try to avoid

Hi all,
Last day,i bought Mobily Broadband @ Work 21 Mbps WiFi connection.
It is very disappointing for me... :(
the speed (Transfer Rate)I'm getting is nearly 80-300 kbps (Download Rate).
Is that they call 21 mbps???
and yes the signal strength in my area is really good (HSPA+)
Before that connection,i was using Mobily 4G router 6 mbps.at that time i was getting speed nearly 600-900 kbps (Download Rate).
Can anyone here tell me is there a problem with my connection/modem or Mobily  offers it as it is :P
Is there anyone using same Mobily Connection???
I'm getting Upload rate more than Download rate :D
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2487476101.png

Unexpected, That is Expected !!

thanx for the reply. :)
so that is the maximum speed i can get,right??? :P
anyone here have the same connection?

Here are mine; I'm on STC. Compare yourself.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23723725/IMG_1126.PNG

Hi all,

I will be coming to saudi nxt month and will stay in jubail working at hadeed for 3 months. I need internet on my phone and laptop. Nothing fancy just to check emails, skype and facebook. I ve checked STC website and they have wireless internet throught saudi for €20 a month.

Do you think it ok ?

Thanks
Daniel
Malta

STC

PROS-
Extremely reliable media, broadband over copper (landlines).
Unmatched feasibility
National operator, hence huge network and multiple International Gateways and offers highest internet speeds.

CONS-
Customer service can be sloppy at times

Mobily

PROS-
Great customer service

CONS-
Mostly wireless media which can be unstable and oversubscribed.
Have Fiber media but still premature and  have feasibility issues.
Being a new operator compared to STC have a smaller network and few International Gateways.

What do you think about the current offers/quality of STC 4G Vs Mobily 4G for internet at home? I am based in Dammam if someone has a specific opinion for the region.

Darkt wrote:

What do you think about the current offers/quality of STC 4G Vs Mobily 4G for internet at home? I am based in Dammam if someone has a specific opinion for the region.

I hear STC is cheaper compartively.
I havent had good experience with Mobily Wireless Internet at all. I would not recommend you Mobily at all.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3006674412.png

Thanks guys :)

I haven't tried STC and GO but MOBILY seems to disappoint. Used to be satisfied with this new Mobily Connect 4G 6mbps. I subscribed for 1year and seemed to work well in first few months. 4 months onward, it usually connects only in 3G settings. What is this? And the connection fluctuates. I am an online game player and really am unsatisfied. I maybe will try STC next time...

I use MOBILY 4g 6mbps too. Now it is so sloppy. I will try STC next time. DISAPPOINTED with MOBILY.

I have opted for STC 4G LTE Router for home. I've been using it for ~3 weeks now! Not excellent but definitely better than the Mobily 4G that I have in my Office.

What speed u opt in? How was the Download and upload speed?

WhiteSabretooth wrote:

What speed u opt in? How was the Download and upload speed?

100Mbps, I will post speed tests later.

I bought me a 1 year Unlimited ZAIN internet package, with wifi router in May. I have always had excellent connections and no hassle, while I was staying in Gulf Pearl 1 Compound in Rakah, Khobar.
I have now moved to Gulf Pearl 2 Compound in Aziziyah, Khobar and the connection over there is terrible.
Can anyone tell me what is the STC and Mobily speed like in the Aziziya area.
Would appreciate feedback

For STC Speed Test and file downloading demo visit this youtube link.
youtu.be/C-UlKEr1Of0

hello

i have an router internet of mobily which is of 6mb.. the problem is i dont get the exact speed really i have went to the mobily office many times but when the technician checks the download speed its shows 6mb but when i get back to home and start downloading any game or movie or whatever it goes on 50-100 kbps...(which is not fair)......i am currently downloading a game (Batman: Arkham Origins) its very very slow 14kbps is the speed....check the pics below...pls i need an answer...

thanks

https://plus.google.com/photos/10078132 … 5905092514

I am suffering from 4G since last 6 months without any attention from Mobily staff
Mobily will not refund your money nor provide service if you mistakenly buy Mobily connection
BECAREFULL

I have moved to Yanbu. I need a internet connection here for my online gaming , having good pings. Which 4G is better ? STC , mobily or Zain ?

coolbouy wrote:

I have moved to Yanbu. I need a internet connection here for my online gaming , having good pings. Which 4G is better ? STC , mobily or Zain ?

Yes can someone please tell me too if Zain 4G is a good option for Riyadh city ?

STC landline is best of all  ... unless you need a wireless as a case !

never go for Mobily, even they offer it to you for FREE !

mobily is worst of all !

nauman.zahir wrote:
coolbouy wrote:

Yes can someone please tell me too if Zain 4G is a good option for Riyadh city ?

Depends on your exact location in Riyadh. It's a HUGE city and signal strength in various area naturally differs as it all depends on how much far you are from their booster, the aggregate breadth of concrete walls (buildings) in-between, other signal disturbing factors...etc etc etc

I tried Mobily in many different areas with having the same "WORST" SLOW results .....

mobily is studpid dont use 3g mobily bb specially.

Today I buy STC 4G Connect "Myfi"  ... much better than Mobily
Moreover, It's just a size of a small mobile and rechargeable, you can take it anywhere in your pocket
750 SR for the first 3 months and than 100 SR per month
I strongly recommend STC